Are there too many Windows 10 tablets to choose from?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I find that there are too many Windows 10 tablets because almost every computer maker like Microsoft, HP, Dell, ASUS, Lenovo, and Acer are releasing many Windows 10 tablets on a monthly basis.

A lot of tablet makers which also make Android tablets are releasing many Windows 10 tablets on a monthly basis as well.

Sometimes the same PC and tablet maker company like Dell or Acer releases many different models of the same Windows 10 tablets with different touch screen sizes, CPUs, video chips, storage sizes, amount of RAM, cameras, color, design, speakers, and features depending on the model and price of the tablet.

Last edited:
Well, there are a lot more Android tablets. Personally, I wouldn't buy a Windows 10 tablet right now because it's useless to my needs. It lacks a lot of apps and Cortana is not available in my region.

I agree there are more Android tablets. But, I feel there will be more new Windows 10 tablet models than new Android tablet models in 2016 and beyond because I see a lot of advertisements for Windows 10 tablets at my local electronic stores, online stores, and tech news sites on a daily basis. There seem to be fewer new Android tablet models coming out thesedays compared to the past where almost every company was making Android tablets.

I wouldn't buy a Windows 10 tablet either because I feel there are not enough good touchscreen apps and games which I want to use. Tablets also don't have a lot of storage space compared to desktops, and laptops in most cases.

I personally just use Windows on a desktop to run desktop programs, and games. I also rarely use my Windows Laptop because I like using Windows with a full size keyboard, and large PC monitor.

Last edited:
how many are there exactly?

how many are there exactly?

I added up all the Windows 10 tablets of different screen sizes on Amazon's Windows 10 tablet category, and got 724 tablets as the answer when I added up all the Windows 10 tablets of different screen sizes on Amazon.

There are probably many thousands of different Windows 10 tablet models being sold now world wide when you also include Windows 10 tablets which are not on sale at Amazon, and sold on eBay, Craigslist, and other places.

I added up all the Windows 10 tablets of different screen sizes on Amazon's Windows 10 tablet category, and got 724 tablets as the answer when I added up all the Windows 10 tablets of different screen sizes on Amazon.

There are probably many thousands of different Windows 10 tablet models being sold now world wide when you also include Windows 10 tablets which are not on sale at Amazon, and sold on eBay, Craigslist, and other places.

that is a lot then.

I think that more tablets (or any device for that matter) to choose from is better. Gives you more choices for what you want, and also makes competition, causing lower prices.

I think that more tablets (or any device for that matter) to choose from is better. Gives you more choices for what you want, and also makes competition, causing lower prices.

I agree with having many choices being good for consumers. But, having too many choices can make deciding on which tablets to buy, and finding the tablet harder at retail stores.

I find having too many choices can cause me to spend many more hours on searching the internet on which tablet to buy, and which has the best specs for the price.

Having many tablets at a store can make finding the tablet I want to buy a lot harder to find in a retail store which is filled with tons of tablets of different brands and models on the shelves.

I think having too many tablets could not be good for tablet companies where many of the manufactures end up not selling enough tablets to earn enough money to hire more skilled workers to invent better tablets which people want to buy in the future.

I feel one of the reasons that many desktop and laptop computers are not good these days is because a lot of computer makers and PC Parts makers are not making enough money to hire skilled workers to create new products which people want to buy.

Back