Are video files with no sound Annoying?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel it can be kind of annoying when a video file has no sound because I usually think my speakers are not working, or something is wrong with my sound card. Videos without audio can also make the video's owner/maker look kind of lazy since adding background music is not hard to do on a video file, and there are a lot of free non-copyrighted music files which people can use on their videos.

A slideshow, Word Processor file like MS Word File or PDF may also be a better file choice if the video is mainly a slideshow which shows a few pictures or text since the file size is smaller, and users can copy and paste text and pictures more easier.

Yes, because it makes me think my hardware is failing me.

Yes, because it makes me think my hardware is failing me.

No sound in video or no sound at all can also be a media player software, volume, virus, or sound card driver software problem.

In the past, a lot of people needed to download codec files to play certain videos, and audio files with media player software like Windows Media Player. But, media player software like VLC, and SMplayer come with the video and audio codec files pre-installed.

People are also better at picking common video file types like WMV, and MP4 to save their video as which can be played on most computers.

No sound in video or no sound at all can also be a media player software, volume, virus, or sound card driver software problem.

In the past, a lot of people needed to download codec files to play certain videos, and audio files with media player software like Windows Media Player. But, media player software like VLC, and SMplayer come with the video and audio codec files pre-installed.

People are also better at picking common video file types like WMV, and MP4 to save their video as which can be played on most computers.

I remember I woke up one morning before school and freaked out because no sound was coming from my sound bar with my tv on to normal channels, I thought my sound bra just broke despite me messing up the settings and would have realized it was my cable box if I tested my sound via PS3 console.

I remember I woke up one morning before school and freaked out because no sound was coming from my sound bar with my tv on to normal channels, I thought my sound bra just broke despite me messing up the settings and would have realized it was my cable box if I tested my sound via PS3 console.

My Cable box not having sound happen to me once. I think it was some sort of a software problem. I had to restart my Cable box to make the sound work again.

This rarely happens to me, but yeah it can be annoying and worrisome.

It could be useful if the video creator adds a short title screen, small note or subtitle at the beginning of the video telling viewers that the video has no sound or just put the no sound/mute logo in the description, or on the corner of the video.

Back