Are Windows tablets worth it if you just used it as a mobile touchscreen tablet?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I don't think I would buy a Windows Tablet if I was just going to use it as a mobile Touchscreen tablet. The Windows Store does not have as many good touchscreen apps as Google Android, Apple iOS/iPad, and Amazon Android App stores when I browse for apps at its website at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps?icid=en_US_Store_UH_apps_All

There are also now cheaper tablets like the new $50 Amazon Fire Tablet, cheaper Android tablets, and older or refurbished/used iPads which have more touch apps, and games on it made for tablets.

The paid apps also seem more expensive in the Windows Store where a lot of Apps cost $3 or more instead of $1 which is a more common price for paid apps for Android and iOS.

I also don't like the way Windows 10 is heading with Forced Automatic updates which can't be turned off. The touchscreen user interface does not seem to be as easy to use, or change the appearance as Android where almost everything on the screen from the lockscreen, icons, homescreen, status bar, etc can be changed to look the way I want it to look.

I can also root an Android tablet, and install a custom ROM for better performance, no bloatware, and a more unique user interface if I want to.

Maybe in a few years when its app library becomes bigger. But only maybe.

Maybe in a few years when its app library becomes bigger. But only maybe.

I think there maybe a chance that the number, and percentage of quality apps will be even lower in the future. I read online that Pinterest, and Kabaam who are bigger app makers given up on making Windows Store Apps because there are not enough users who use their apps in the Windows Store, and other reasons like harder to make money from Windows Store Apps compared to iOS and Android.

Waiting a few years is a good idea since Windows 10 is a pretty new touchscreen OS , so there may still be some problems like performance and security problems which will be fixed in future updates.

Most users who buy an iPad, Android, and Amazon Tablet probably knows what they are getting, and what apps are available, but when buying a Windows tablet there is a chance that there would be even less quality apps in the future because MS is not doing enough to attract quality App makers to make Apps for Windows store.

Back