Are You An Achievement Hunter?

Toast

Full GL Member
Credits
Do you enjoy going for achievements in games? I always have fancied myself a completionist. Going for the tough or hard to obtain achievements in games, even if you had nothing to show for it, was always something I liked doing. I ended up with a pretty high gamerscore on Xbox 360. I feel like Xbox has the most reward for completing achievements. I haven't really felt the same need or compassion for it since switching over to mainly PC gaming.

I really like achievements and feel like a game is always better with them, that being said, I don't think that they are particularly well done in most games enough for me to want to pursue.

Take a game like Dead Rising (Xbox 360) or Halo 3 (Xbox 360) and look at their achievements. You'll see that there are a lot of difficult achievements that once achieved will give you cool in-game benefits only available through the achievements. If your game gives me awesome looking in-game armor, titles, and so forth I'm definitely going to be an achievement whore, to at least some extent. But if the reward of achievement ends at simply "Achievement unlocked." Then I don't really care or pursue them, they become more of a "Oh, neat. What did I do?" kind of a thing.

When I was playing WWE I went on a quest to do every achievement.At the moment I don't really care about them anymore but I think they are needed for every game

Every game I play I make a conscious effort to get 100% completion. Whether that also include getting every achievement would typically depend on how much time/effort and difficulty the achievements are. I'm not going to spend 50 hours on 1 measly achievement that causes me to completely go out of my way to grind out the achievement.

I used to be a little bit of an achievement hunter, slogging through hours of games I wouldn't otherwise just for that pop. After I passed my friends a couple years ago though it's never been the same, I eclipsed them and then some. In the end it's a metagame, but I'd rather decide to be playing the most fun game.

Do you enjoy going for achievements in games? I always have fancied myself a completionist. Going for the tough or hard to obtain achievements in games, even if you had nothing to show for it, was always something I liked doing. I ended up with a pretty high gamerscore on Xbox 360. I feel like Xbox has the most reward for completing achievements. I haven't really felt the same need or compassion for it since switching over to mainly PC gaming.

I am a major achievement hunter, it's part of the reason that I enjoy Blizzard games so much. I've been working my rear off to complete all of my achievements in Diablo 3 season 6. It's not going to happen LOL. There are way too many for me to get them all done in one season. My goal is to eventually do it and it really gives me something to work for. It's always so exciting when the animation pops up that lets you know you finished an achievement!

Yes! When I played World of Warcraft back in WoTLK, I immediately started hunting for achievements instead of raiding. I wanted to have them all! I never did quite get them, though... And now WoW is such a different game.

While I'm not really a completionist, I do try to clear a game completely always. But if there are achievements for multiple playthroughs or overly hard bosses or similar, I'm probably going to skip them. Then again I do feel a bit bad about that, but I'm just not that great of a gamer, nor do I have time to sink to a single game.

I guess I sort of have an OCD for completing a game completely before moving onto the next one. Its also quite a good/rewarding feeling knowing that you have mastered a game and you have completed all the tasks that the developer had set out for you. For ridiculous achievements or ones that require unnecessary grinding, I guess I would usually just leave them out. But its great knowing that you have completed them all.

When it comes to the achievements, while I do like to try and get 100% completion on a game itself, the extra trophies that you can get on the games aren't something that I've been all that concerned about.

As you go along you pick up these trophies anyway the more you play the game, but I wouldn't consciously aim to pick up every award you can get.

Me, not really unless its something fun to get. If its a lot of pointless grind to get, then I won't waste time.

I do like to get achievements/trophies. Try to platinum each game. I find it hard to play games on the PS3 which don't have trophies... I like to be able to feel I completed the game.

I don't think I'm too obsessed with going after in game achievements but I certainly try to get them if I can. In some games the achievements system has no reward other than personal satisfaction. The game I'm replaying right now, Kingdoms of Amalur, has a pretty good achievement system. Apart from regular achievements it has these things called lorestones spread out through the world. If you collect five belonging to one set you get benefits such as increased health.

I used to be, but I don't really have the time or interest any more. Getting 100% completion in modern games is just too time consuming, and getting the last few console achievements for them is often equally annoying and tedious.

I'm not unless they are somewhat easy to do. I tend to play a game and get the trophies I naturally get, I will then look at the list and see if there is anything easy to get and do them just to get a couple more trophies. I ain't one of those who can platinum every game - no idea how they manage that!

I'm not unless they are somewhat easy to do. I tend to play a game and get the trophies I naturally get, I will then look at the list and see if there is anything easy to get and do them just to get a couple more trophies. I ain't one of those who can platinum every game - no idea how they manage that!
Try playing Captain America - Super soldier, its fairly easy to get platinum, you can farm most of the things needed for the achievements

I wouldn't say I am an achievement hunter no. I tend to play through the game and get what achievements I can whilst playing and then if I enjoyed the game and I don't mind going back through then I will to look for more achievements.

I am and I'm not. I do love trophies and collecting them is a fun way to extend the life of a game and I always aim for at least 50%+ of any game I am playing before moving on to the next one. But trophies are absolutely not something that I need in order to play and enjoy games.

Kind of, but also not really. If a game doesn't have trophies/achievements, I'm not going to care. It won't ruin the game for me. However, if a game does, then you bet I'm going for each and every single one of them. Don't care how long it takes or how much grinding I have to do, I will get that 100% eventually.

Back