Are you an early adopter?

Westwood

Full GL Member
Credits
Are you a person who buys new stuff (consoler, peripherals, you name it) on day one, or do you wait out a little longer, until the initial issues are fixed? Or even until something brand new comes out in order to save a lot of money?

Personally I fall into the category of staying a generation behind in order to get everything way cheaper.

I used to get it on a whim. Now that titles suck more, I get the ultimate sale: 100% off because I buy nothing. But whatever I can get is usually on discount.

Only when it comes to Nintendo. Other than that, I just wait. For example, I bought the Wii U the day it came out and I'm getting the NX the day it comes out. Mainly to play Zelda, which will hopefully come out the same day.

Funny. I just bought a ps3 a few weeks ago, heh. I'm more of a late buyer if the games/consoles aren't Nintendo related. If it's nintendo, they're usually really good at luring me into buying (Especially their handheld stuff).

I usually come in about midway which is good this time since all the consoles are getting major upgrades :p

Funny. I just bought a ps3 a few weeks ago, heh. I'm more of a late buyer if the games/consoles aren't Nintendo related. If it's nintendo, they're usually really good at luring me into buying (Especially their handheld stuff).

I know exactly what you mean - I got my PS3 from a friend like a year ago only, but I've been loving it! There's so many sales when I make use of both US and EU regions (in Asia myself), so I get hours upon hours of entertainment for just few bucks. Add the Plus subscription on my US account to that and I get loads of nice game for relatively cheap!

Sometimes. Depends on what games are available. Might be one for the NX though, since the new Zelda game is a day one buy for me.

I buy stuff when I feel like it and can afford it. I don't mind waiting a month or two after a release.

I was day 1 for Wii U because I had a ton of extra money due to getting my first job out of college and living at home.

I also was day 1 for Switch because I traded in my Wii U and all my games for a big chunk of change.

Every other console I have gotten a while after release.

Only when it comes to Nintendo. Other than that, I just wait. For example, I bought the Wii U the day it came out and I'm getting the NX the day it comes out. Mainly to play Zelda, which will hopefully come out the same day.
I indirectly predicted the future. I did end up getting the Switch day 1 with Zelda.

I wait to see if they produce enough games that I'll like before I'll spend the money on a console. I won't buy a console if there is little or no games that I'm interested in. The upside to this is they get all the bugs worked out by the time I decide to buy one.

That's what I'm currently doing now with the Nintendo Switch.

Back