Are you buying the New Nintendo 3DS?

Are you buying the New Nintendo 3DS system?

• Yes, cause it looks awesome!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Some time in the future, probably

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Maybe, I'm not sure

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No, I'm happy with the older 3DS

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
It's a new system which actually has more features and exclusive games, so it's certainly more interesting/desirable than the 3DS XL or 2DS were. But are you buying it?

I probably am, but I guess it depends on what the exclusive games are. Wario Land 6 would probably sell it for me.

No. My 3DS works fine. It's no different than the 2DS for me. Besides the only difference is it has a tiny circle pad. Why is it so small? What could that even be used for?

No. My 3DS works fine. It's no different than the 2DS for me. Besides the only difference is it has a tiny circle pad. Why is it so small? What could that even be used for?

The main difference in the new 3ds is that they will be making better looking and faster games for the new 3ds since there is going to be a better CPU as well as additional buttons ( 2 new shoulder buttons and new joystick). These games will most likely not be playable on older 3ds hardware. Just saying

Most likely if it comes out next year, it really isn't much difference and wouldn't call it a 'newl system since its just an upgrade or the current, but overall yes I will be definitely be buying. Although i'll miss using my 3DS XL now :(

Yeah, I'm definitely going to buy a New 3DS. My 3DS is a little beat up and I was contemplating getting a 3DS XL, but I'll just wait for the New 3DS. I think it would be cool if Nintendo does a trade-in promotion for the New 3DS.

The main difference in the new 3ds is that they will be making better looking and faster games for the new 3ds since there is going to be a better CPU as well as additional buttons ( 2 new shoulder buttons and new joystick). These games will most likely not be playable on older 3ds hardware. Just saying

I doubt that. This isn't a new system. And if it is supposed to be a new system, it's a sorry excuse for one. Adding "new" doesn't make it new. It makes it more refurbished so if you can't play new games on it, I'll be pissed I will call them out on that bs.

I doubt that. This isn't a new system. And if it is supposed to be a new system, it's a sorry excuse for one. Adding "new" doesn't make it new. It makes it more refurbished so if you can't play new games on it, I'll be pissed I will call them out on that bs.

It has already been stated on multiple sites that the new 3ds has a enhanced CPU and that some games will only run on this new 3ds.

Also this is a new system, Nintendo didn't just add the word new to it. As stated above new hardware buttons and joystick, new screen with better viewing angles of 3d, NFC is built in the bottom of the screen, enhanced CPU, Auto Brightness.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/29/nintendo-unveils-new-3ds-3ds-xl/

Last edited by a moderator:
Then it's a sorry excuse for one. Call it something new? Hell no! Let's just add new to the name. I know this won't sell well. Especially for new gamers and older people.

Then it's a sorry excuse for one. Call it something new? Hell no! Let's just add new to the name. I know this won't sell well. Especially for new gamers and older people.

If you think about it GBA only added a new CPU, 2 shoulder buttons and a different form factor, and from GBA to SP was again only the form factor and Back light. The new 3ds added more than just that. Just something to think about.

Okay, then the Wii was never a new system it was just a reshelled GameCube by your standing. The GC and original Wii share almost all the exact same hardware. the Wii was literally a GameCube with added motion sensor and wireless features. By your definition that makes it not "new" when it had come out and thus you shouldn't have bought it despite the fact that it plays games specific to it just like the new 3DS will.

I swear. Every time you post something and I have to read your illogical blathering nonsense I lose brain cells.

Okay, then the Wii was never a new system it was just a reshelled GameCube by your standing. The GC and original Wii share almost all the exact same hardware. the Wii was literally a GameCube with added motion sensor and wireless features. By your definition that makes it not "new" when it had come out and thus you shouldn't have bought it despite the fact that it plays games specific to it just like the new 3DS will.

I swear. Every time you post something and I have to read your illogical blathering nonsense I lose brain cells.

DYL, you seem to frequently be of the opinion that just because you are not personally interested in something, that it's awful and no one else could possibly like it. You've said the same thing about Skylanders (Which sells SPECTACULARLY well I might add), other games in the past, and now this. Just because you personally don't like something, doesn't mean the whole world is going to shun it as well. And based on past evidence of similar console production choices from multiple companies, it's going to do fine.

Besides, it's actually a pretty significant upgrade in hardware. They probably should have picked a better name for it, but Nintendo's been kind of weird with names recently...

In any case, I imagine that my husband and I will both be getting one when we have the money for them. I'm sure Gamestop will off a trade in program for them which will help! With the increase on RAM and other changes, the games they can release for it will be that much better, so it'll definitely be worth it.

Although it has everything I'd want from a "new" handheld I am perfectly fine with just my regular 3DS and I have some interest for the exclusive game announced however SSB4 is the only 3DS game so far that I plan on getting. I'm sure plenty of serious gamers would want it (it is customizable and able to be hacked after all, and batter graphics/tiny C-Stick/more buttons) but as of right now I won't make use of it.

Wait, it DOES have exclusives?

Yea one already announced and more in the works

With the upgrades to the CPU and memory in it, I'd be surprised if they don't maybe start phasing out the older 3DS models actually, since they'll be able to make even more impressive games for the New 3DS's. I'm actually kind of excited since the new one supposedly gets rid of the 'sweet spot' for the 3D effect and you should be able to view it from any angle. I might actually use it sometimes then!

Wait, it DOES have exclusives?

Yea one already announced and more in the works

With the upgrades to the CPU and memory in it, I'd be surprised if they don't maybe start phasing out the older 3DS models actually, since they'll be able to make even more impressive games for the New 3DS's. I'm actually kind of excited since the new one supposedly gets rid of the 'sweet spot' for the 3D effect and you should be able to view it from any angle. I might actually use it sometimes then!

Yea its gonna be great, I mean if they can fit a huge JRPG like Xenoblade on that and make it look great then just wait for those new titles to come out.They will be running smooth and looking amazing.

Finally bothered to look this thing up and I feel that people are giving too much credit to a concept that is poorly implimented within the New 3DS; the new analog pad. That thing is tinier than the A,X, Y, and B buttons! The rest of the 'improvements' sound nice, don't get me wrong, but seriously, how can anyone use that damned thing? I have enough trouble using the dinky PS Vita ones and those DWARF that tiny little prick on the New 3DS.

300px-New_Nintendo_3DS_%28white%29.jpg
<--- Seriously! Look at that thing! My sweaty hands would slip right off that sucker!

Also, anyone got a pic of the shoulder buttons they added? I can't seem to find any shots of them online. Wondering how they will be imput in the shell with the thickness of the closed console being only .6" bigger.

I'd also like to point out that people should not buy into the whole 'it will have exclusives' thing too much. Granted, Xenoblade is getting a port, but don't forget Miyamoto said the same thing about the DSi - which is why I pre-ordered it. That thing had like THREE exclusives by the end of its life and they were all craptacular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back