Are you more likely to buy a paid antivirus and firewall for a cheaper Windows computer?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I may spend money on a more lightweight paid antivirus and firewall to install on a cheaper Windows PC.

Most cheap laptops have slower CPUs and less RAM like 2 to 4GB of RAM. Some free antivirus and firewall I used come bundle with bloatware, ads, notifications to buy the paid version of its antivirus, and advertise other software. I think these ads and notifications in free antivirus can make using a cheap PC slower and more annoying.

I also did not spend a lot of money on a cheap computer, so spending an extra $30 to $40 won't make me go over my computer buying budget which is usually below $600.

Last edited:
I will get one.
We will be using it and we need protection not matter what kind of device it is

I am using Linux and i don't use any Antivirus. If needed i will add one later. When i was using Windows i used Avast and thought of upgrading to paid version, but i cancelled the plan.

If its a cheap PC, I see myself just using something free like malwarebytes

If its a cheap PC, I see myself just using something free like malwarebytes

It is kind of annoying that many paid home consumer antivirus don't let users install a paid antivirus on an unlimited number of computers which the user owns, so they can install the antivirus on cheap and expensive PCs.

nope, yearly gets them more money.

I feel a lot of PC users who wanted Malwarebytes may of bought Malwarebytes before it became a yearly subscription.

Malwarebytes may made a lot of their money from lifetime licenses.

I feel a lot of PC users who wanted Malwarebytes may of bought Malwarebytes before it became a yearly subscription.

Malwarebytes may made a lot of their money from lifetime licenses.

Less people will be buying it, but the annual subscription from less people makes more money in the long term. With a lifetime subscription, the only get money once per customer. With an annual subscription, they would have a smaller, but more dedicated user base, but will get multiple payments from them.

I use whatever antivirus my hubby installed on my computer. Couldn't tell you what it cost or even the name of the antivirus, that's how little I know about computers.

Back