Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Youtube can be a great thing to get involved with, it can help you make new friends, learn new things but its major drawbacks is, it lets the crazies love you in horrible ways.

The Albuquerque Journal reports that the intruder Christopher Giles—described by police as “single, lonely and disturbed”—drove 11 hours from New Mexico to the couple’s home in Austin after growing infatuated with Turney’s YouTube videos. Turney and Free were woken at 3:40am on January 26 by “the sound of breaking glass and a gunshot”.

While Giles searched the house for the couple, they hid in their bedroom closet and called 911. Giles, unable to find Turney and Free, returned to his car and attempted to drive off.

Two officers arrived at the home one minute after the 911 caller heard the gunshots. As they approached the home, Giles was about to drive off when they gave him commands to stop. At that time, police say Giles, of Albuquerque, New Mexico, shot at the officers. Officer Matthew Jackson returned gunfire, striking the suspect. The suspect died at the scene. No officers were injured.

More here.

Last edited:
It is good that no one got hurt. I think one of the problems with meeting people both online and offline is that you can meet dangerous people, and the mental health hospitals and local police are not doing enough to help very angry people control their anger, or lock them up.

It is good that no one got hurt. I think one of the problems with meeting people both online and offline is that you can meet dangerous people, and the mental health hospitals and local police are not doing enough to help very angry people control their anger, or lock them up.

I have a co-worker who deeply believes in networking with people (thinking it will help him get a job down the line), but he ended up with a stalker who mistaken his networking with passion interest.

I have a co-worker who deeply believes in networking with people (thinking it will help him get a job down the line), but he ended up with a stalker who mistaken his networking with passion interest.

He does have a point that networking can get him jobs. But, there is always a risk of meeting people with mental problems when networking like meeting any person by choice or just walking past them because you have to cross the same street, or put products on a shelf in a store.

Unfortunately, there are mentally ill people who stalk people which they know or don't know after a cashier touch their hand giving them back their change back to them.

Christina Grimmie who is a YouTube singer got killed by a seriously mentally ill stalker who went to her concert's autograph signing event, and shot her before killing himself.

Back