Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Shown at Microsoft's conference today, Assassin's Creed: Origins was revealed. Assassin’s Creed: Origins is set in ancient Egypt and coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 27th 2017.

Here is some gameplay:

Finally Egypt! I wanted them to put it in an exotic country like that ages ago. I always thought that it would fit the franchise. My favorite Assassin's Creed besides the first two was the Black Flag. It had this incredible sea-adventure-pirate type of environment and I had great fun exploring everything.

I really like the new trailer that was released. And that weapon the character is using in it... it looks badass. I hope that we will be able to explore many pyramids sort of like they had temples in the previous versions. I think it will be a good installment of the legendary AC series and I am for sure excited.

Love the setting. It looks beautiful. Gameplay seems decently modified to make it more interesting and unique. I am pretty excited for this for sure.

I got really excited when I saw the Lighthouse of Alexandria in one of the shots. Haven't enjoyed a Assassin's Creed game in a while so I hope this changes the series for me. Last one I really liked was Revelations.

This was one of the biggest surprises for me this E3. Do I mean the fact that there is a new Assassin's Creed game? No. That the game takes place in Egypt? No. The surprise is that Ubisoft somehow managed to actually convince me that I want play another Assassin's Creed game since Black Flag.

I'm an absolute sucker for ancient history and mythology, so taking the game to Egypt had me sold. Although I did have to laugh at seeing a giant snake boss in what is supposed to be a game fairly grounded in reality.

It was like the Genji: Days of the Blade debacle at Sony's 2006 conference. This is a game based on actual Japanese history, "so here's a giant enemy crab."

I think the snake is supposed to be Apophis, but I wonder if there isn't more to that story. He could be hallucinating or something, and it might be due to one of the Pieces of Eden.

I think the snake is supposed to be Apophis, but I wonder if there isn't more to that story. He could be hallucinating or something, and it might be due to one of the Pieces of Eden.

Oh don't get me wrong, I've considered that it might be a hallucination or something related to the Pieces of Eden as you said, but out of context it's quite funny.

I certainly hope there is more to it than that, because even if it is a creature based on Egyptian mythology, fighting a giant snake - - if it will even be a fight - - is something more appropriate for the likes of God of War than Assassin's Creed.

I agree, it actually reminded me of God of War when I first saw it. I'm really happy with all the wildlife in the game though while we're on the topic of animals.

I love the setting of ancient Egypt, looks pretty awesome and the eagle made me say "GOD I WANT THIS" The game itself looks pretty good, I would say it's the Assasin's Creed I've been waiting for, because the AC series lately have been kind of a bummer, I'm really hoping this game to be a good time.

When it comes to the gaming world, I must be honest! The closest I've been to a game with such destruction is Grand Theft Auto.

Then, if I really think about historical games, I'd have to go back to my younger years, when Immortal Combat was the hit back then! I'm so young old!!

I understand however, that was then and this is now! So I figured what better way to learn, than to begin from the... beginning?!

Although this content is certainly inappropriate for my young children, I have decided to take a deeper look into the origin of this video game's series.

To my surprise, I discovered some rather interesting facts, causing an interest for my desire to possibly play at some point in the near future.

With this interest, for those whom have no ideal about this game and the origin of it, I'd love to share my findings!

I began by doing a Google search...of course!

One of the things that really caught my eye was the set up of the characters being the Assassins versus the Templars.

The Assassins are said to be the characters whom fight for peace at their own free will. While The Templars desire peace and are willing to take it through control.

This alone created a bit of suspense causing me to really want to know what comes next!

Within my research, I learned what and whom inspired the series, being as though it is 9 different games!

It just so happens that a Slovenian writer by the name of Vladimir Bartol crafted up Alamut!

You're probably thinking... Alam who???

Don't worry! Alamut is just a novel!

Well!... Not just a novel being as though it somehow inspired an entire video game series!

Alrighty so... Getting back to This novel, I must admit that boredom began to increase, the more I researched the details of the novel... I therefore didn't learn much about it so no need to write a paragraph about it.

You however, if interested, are welcome to look up the details of this novel... or not!

The point is: This novel amongst the concepts from what is called the Prince of Persia (also a series), is the main reason for the very existence of the Assassin's Creed Part 1 through 9 so far.

Wikipedia declares that this action -adventure video game series developed by Ubisoft, has sold 100 million copies as of September 2016. This explains the value of the series alone!

Over the years, this game has expanded into a film, comic(s)and even it's own novel(s).

As a parent speaking to all parents, I feel that it is best to honor the disclaimer shown before the above video/ trailer begins. It is likely best to supervise your children under 18 when it comes to games such as these. The minds of children are delicate and much like sponges.

For those that are 18 and beyond...
Well!...Have fun!

I may eventually be joining you on this game late at night...

When the little ones are asleep... that is!

Reference: Assassin's Creed - Wikipedia

Loved the first two AC games. ACIII I tried to like the American Revolution storyline but I couldn't get fully into it. Black Flag was kind of meh for me. I hope I can get into the storyline of Origins. The Ancient Egypt setting looks awesome. Eagle!

I'm both amused and frustrated at this point at how many of these games Ubisoft can create. They can simply just add a caveman assassin at this point with all these time periods being used for their games yearly. Eventually they are going to run out, right? They can probably even go the alien hunter assassin route in the Year 3000 next year, since they are quickly taking all the time periods and who knows how long this will take. I guess when money talks, and when your fan base will buy anything you release, you really don't have to take the games seriously enough to be innovative and original.

This looks awesome! I really like Assassin's Creed even though I never thought I would. I got hooked when I saw my brother playing Black Flag and the whole pirate thing sort of reeled me in. I hope that this new one is just as awesome as the ones before it. Egypt sounds like it might be pretty good.

Back