Asus C200, C300 Google Chromebook laptops coming soon?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Asus may be getting to launch its first Chrome OS laptops. VR-Zone reports the Asus C200 and Asus C300 Chromebooks are coming this year, possibly sporting 11.6 inch and 13 inch displays, respectively.

Read More

I wonder how Asus will make their Chromebooks a better choice compared to Acer, HP, Samsung, Lenovo, Dell, Toshiba, and other companies which already sell Chromebooks in stores.

Asus better come out with Chromebooks fast before everyone who wants a Chromebook buys a Chromebook from another brand since Chromebooks cost $199 and more, so more people can afford them without waiting for a price drop. Plus, in the future, there maybe Chromebooks which cost $99-150 like Google Android tablets which can be bought for $99, and include a keyboard case for it which turns it into an Android laptop.

I do like the ASUS brand, but what is so good about chromebooks?

Chromebooks can be used to install a Linux OS like Ubuntu Linux turning a $199 Chromebook into a Linux laptop.

Chromebooks attract people, schools, and companies who are poor or cheap and can't afford a $299-400 Windows PC, and rather just buy a $199 laptop to type out documents, browse the web, and do non-PC gaming tasks.

I agree Linux may turn Schools away, but the huge price savings of cheaper laptops may make schools buy them because a lot of schools don't have a lot of money for stuff. I think some schools even make kids pay for pencils, and paper because the school can't afford paper, and pencils for students.

Back