AT&T Hotspots for the 3DS

Hollie Rose

Awards
Credits
I'm pretty excited about this, even though I don't think they will be arriving until late May. It really seems that Nintendo are making an effort to make connectivity easier than it ever was before on any Nintendo console. It was announced that there would be 10,000 put in in areas like bookstores, coffee shops and air ports. Which is lucky for me because the first two are my favorites places to go.

Any other thoughts on this subject?

It's very cool to say the least. Just another reason why the 3DS is awesome.

Absolutely! Aside from the fact that you play games in 3D without glasses, there are so many other cool things about the 3DS that puts it in an entirely different league from any of it's predecessors. Yes, I am very excited about the 3D, but I am also excited about the connectivity capabilities of the 3DS.

Even without the 3D, it is still amazing.

oh yeah, definitely. They're really going all out with this one. I can't wait to see how far the 3DS goes in a few years.

I don't think the reason behind this exactly is to just go in and play online. Since the 3DS has the sleep mode which automatically connects and downloads news updates and other content, I think it's more set up so that you are constantly passing connections, which I think is a great idea.

Of course, they do count as online play hotspots as well. But most people have WiFi at home anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time I go on a road trip, I'm going to direct my route according to the locations of the hotspots.

Yeah... especially considering the fact that I don't go on road trips.

Back