Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Looks like we won't wait long for the next season, it's been confirmed that we can expect the next AoT season sometime in 2018.

Can't wait for Season 3. Hopefully there's no drop in the quality. I hate it when things get rushed and then the animation is awful.

Season 2 left on so hooked, it's been a few days and it seems like forever. I'm so hyped; 2nd season was not perfect, it had some pacing problems lots of flashbacks, but it was very entertaining, although the last 2 episodes kept me screaming, the animation was so beautiful and the soundtrack was just wow, I hope season 3 will maintain the quality of the show.

2018 huh? A year's worth of waiting for what, 12 episodes with 20 minutes each? I don't think that's enough, but if it means the company would make the pace slower, or even add filler (shudder), then I'm completely fine with that. Attack on Titan has had enormous success because of the big anime boom in 2012, so I'm glad the anime had a continuation, compared to those ones that stop at 12 episodes and relied on OVAs just to keep their stories alive.

2018 huh? A year's worth of waiting for what, 12 episodes with 20 minutes each? I don't think that's enough, but if it means the company would make the pace slower, or even add filler (shudder), then I'm completely fine with that. Attack on Titan has had enormous success because of the big anime boom in 2012, so I'm glad the anime had a continuation, compared to those ones that stop at 12 episodes and relied on OVAs just to keep their stories alive.

I'm 90% sure we'll get two seasons worth of episodes instead of just 12, since the teaser showed... certain manga covers that imply they'll adapt two arcs instead of just one, therefore 24 episodes (The anime adaptation seems to adapt one arc each 12 episodes)

Likewise, I won't give details since I'm not fond of giving manga spoilers, but these two arcs in particular work much better next to each other and separating them would be a mistake, and I'm sure Production IG and Wit Studio are aware of this.

I'm 90% sure we'll get two seasons worth of episodes instead of just 12, since the teaser showed... certain manga covers that imply they'll adapt two arcs instead of just one, therefore 24 episodes (The anime adaptation seems to adapt one arc each 12 episodes)

Likewise, I won't give details since I'm not fond of giving manga spoilers, but these two arcs in particular work much better next to each other and separating them would be a mistake, and I'm sure Production IG and Wit Studio are aware of this.
I stopped reading the manga at #50, which coincidentally was the last source material in the anime so far. It's been a year or two since I last read it, so I assume lots of things have happened already. I don't like 24 episodes since they might try to slow down the tone, which would really hurt the excitement of the product.

I stopped reading the manga at #50, which coincidentally was the last source material in the anime so far. It's been a year or two since I last read it, so I assume lots of things have happened already. I don't like 24 episodes since they might try to slow down the tone, which would really hurt the excitement of the product.

the story really took a twisting turn to it.

Isayama is going to release an interview a few weeks from now discussing the end of Attack on Titan, and in my experience as a manga reader... I truly think the end is near. I don't see the story expanding itself into more than one more arc apart from the current one, that's for sure, which makes me believe that they can allow themselves to provide a 24-episode run without risking catching up.

Also, I don't think you should worry about the anime slowing down the tone of the manga, so far Attack on Titan has been one of the most faithful adaptations I've seen, and they've remained true to the core of the story, slowing down when it needs to be slow and being fast paced when the plotline requires it.

I think that if we see a shift in pace during the 2018 run, it will be only because of the manga source dictates so, and not the length of the season.

Isayama is going to release an interview a few weeks from now discussing the end of Attack on Titan, and in my experience as a manga reader... I truly think the end is near. I don't see the story expanding itself into more than one more arc apart from the current one, that's for sure, which makes me believe that they can allow themselves to provide a 24-episode run without risking catching up.

Also, I don't think you should worry about the anime slowing down the tone of the manga, so far Attack on Titan has been one of the most faithful adaptations I've seen, and they've remained true to the core of the story, slowing down when it needs to be slow and being fast paced when the plotline requires it.

I think that if we see a shift in pace during the 2018 run, it will be only because of the manga source dictates so, and not the length of the season.
That's good to hear. I hate it when manga/anime slow it down, add filler episodes here and there, sometimes even filler ARCS just to fill the time and not get off the air. Attack on Titan has been off the air for like 2 years, and the wait has been worth it. Shows like One Piece could learn a thing or two from shorter mangas and anime. OP has dragged on for a while now. I haven't liked it since the time skip.

Back