Backseat Tesla Driver Has No Intention of Stopping Says "It's a Movement"

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

Hopefully, he does not hurt someone or himself from riding in the back seat while his Tesla is driving for him.

Yeah, that is not how it works.

Seen a few news articles recently about people dying from doing this so I await the news article dedicated to this guy soon

pretty sure this is meant to help you drive, not sit in the back playing on a Switch.
Definitely. We're still not at a point where we can rely on a Tesla to be self-driving for long distances and without us ready to take control

I feel there is a chance that this guy may have his Teslas confiscated by the police, and Tesla bans him from buying new Teslas for life.

I think it is also not a wise for the Tesla backseat driver to say that "he got a lot of money to buy a lot of Tesla" in TV news interviews because he is rich" because there is a greater chance he gets robbed or held for ransom for his money and his possessions like his Tesla which is worth a lot of money to most people.

True, but how often do we get that right? I don't know about the US but the UK highways are never empty whenever I drive on them

I recently read on Transitioning to Tesla Vision that Tesla Autopilot for the Model 3 would now only use Tesla Vision which only uses the Cameras on the Tesla Model 3 exterior, and radar will not be included in new Tesla Model 3, and disabled in old Model 3s.

I wonder if only using the Cameras on the Tesla Model 3 will improve self-driving for backseat drivers.

I feel Turning off Radar may improve the battery life and driving range on Tesla Model 3 if Radar uses a lot of electricity.

I recently read on Transitioning to Tesla Vision that Tesla Autopilot for the Model 3 would now only use Tesla Vision which only uses the Cameras on the Tesla Model 3 exterior, and radar will not be included in new Tesla Model 3, and disabled in old Model 3s.

I wonder if only using the Cameras on the Tesla Model 3 will improve self-driving for backseat drivers.

I feel Turning off Radar may improve the battery life and driving range on Tesla Model 3 if Radar uses a lot of electricity.

unless you're in a good sportsmen gun match, turning off radar seems like a bad idea.

unless you're in a good sportsmen gun match, turning off radar seems like a bad idea.

It maybe a bad idea to turn off Radar. I feel we need to wait and see if the Camera-only Autopilot Tesla Vision is safer or causes more problems when driving. Hopefully, Tesla spent a lot of time testing Tesla Vision Camera-only driving system.

I read a news article that Tesla will soon make a cheaper electric car, so Tesla may of remove radar to save money by not including it on their cheaper cars, and no longer needing to hire computer programmers and software testers to test and release radar software updates and fixes.

Back