froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer reckons Microsoft's universal Windows app strategy will fail to fill its app gap. Instead, the company needs to ensure Windows Phone handsets can run Android apps.

Read More

I agree with Ballmer that Windows Phone need to run Android Apps since most of the good apps are on Android, and Windows Phone does not have a lot of quality apps like iOS and Android.

Plus, not many App makers want to make Windows Phone Apps for the Windows Phone operating system which has less than 2% of all the smartphone users in the world.

I disagree. There would be no point in buying a Windows Phone if it was supplied with apps by another mobile operating system. Personally, I think that Windows Phone would be killed if they went the Blackberry way and focused on adopting apps instead of creating their own.

I read online that the Blackberry Priv which runs Android is selling out at stores. Other non-Android Blackberry Phones like the Blackberry Passport which can emulate Android Apps also has some buyers which run Android Apps on Blackberry 10.

I think if Blackberry did not include Android App emulation on their older smartphones like the Passport, they may have fewer users today.

I think Microsoft should release a powerful smartphone with an Intel x86 CPU which uses Windows 10, so users can use an Android Emulators like Bluestacks 2 to emulate all Android Apps with emulators.

Back