Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

A glitch with Bank of America’s mobile and online services on Wednesday prevented thousands of customers from accessing their accounts or discovering they had a zero balance, according to company officials and an outage monitoring website.

The nationwide issue began in the morning and affected more than 20,000 customers before the company said it was fully resolved Wednesday evening. Some customers were livid that Bank of America had not alerted them about the issue and that they were getting little assistance from customer care. They turned to the social media platform X to air their grievances.

“Bank of America at least give customers some updates on why bofa is down?” wrote Asim Khan.

“Yes, obviously this is a widespread issue with BOFA, possibly system-wide, so please stop with the individual ‘send a private message’ canned response. Not cool to leave people hanging and feeling insecure about their money,” wrote another user.

“Horrible. I’m definitely looking for another bank. Can not log in to my online banking to pay for my food that I’m currently in line to pay. I’ve been in hold going on a hour and nothing. Horrible customer service,” another wrote.

Matthew Card, a spokesman for the company, said in a written statement that some mobile and online banking clients had experienced an issue accessing their accounts and balance information.

“These technology issues have been fully resolved,” he wrote in another statement released Wednesday evening. “We apologize for any inconvenience.”

Source

Thankfully I don't bank with them otherwise I'd be bitching a fit.

Thankfully I don't bank with them otherwise I'd be bitching a fit.
It was only the home screen that was glitched. If you navigated, you'd see your real balance.

Would certainly be surprising and confusing but a quick phone in would have given a peace of mind.

It was only the home screen that was glitched. If you navigated, you'd see your real balance.

Would certainly be surprising and confusing but a quick phone in would have given a peace of mind.

I don't know, I saw a lot of people saying atms weren't working right and what not. Still, a bad thing to happen.

Back