Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

OMDO

Full GL Member
Credits
Apparently the movie has not been doing so hot in the press screenings and early reviews, and that's a big downer for me. I love the DC properties, and I have wanted nothing more than to see them make good comic book movies of their heroes, but it seems like this isn't that movie. I'm still probably going to go out and see it, just so I can form my own opinions, but it isn't looking too hot.

Are you looking forward to it? Have you seen it? Are you going to see it?

It is odd, the first reaction was all love but now the hate is showing up. But I'll see it since its a big fight and that you need to see on the big screen.

It is odd, the first reaction was all love but now the hate is showing up. But I'll see it since its a big fight and that you need to see on the big screen.
I hear ya, and I think it was because we were finally getting a DC Cinematic Universe, hopefully to match Marvel's. Then the negativity started swirling when they released a trailer that was, effectively, the whole movie in two an a half minutes. I think it's been pretty downhill from there.

I watched it last night. It is no where near as bad as critics are making out, I actually quite enjoyed it and thought it was an enjoyable film to watch. Their were moments in the film that seemed a bit out of place, as if the director had to cut some parts due to time constraints, and overall the films pacing wasn't great... but an average, enjoyable film overall.

I watched it not long ago. I think a lot of the frustration is that you could see all the potential for it to be way more if they hadn't rushed it and crammed so much into it. It was conceived as a two part movie and while the movie makes enough sense, some 'arcs' didn't give enough time to be taken in before the movie is already taking you to the next one.

If you are open that it will not follow to a T all the preconceptions you might have because of the comics or past works. Lex has a different personality, Batman seems to be over his famous oath, etc... Just take the movie for its own version. I don't regret watching it at the movies, and I wouldn't mind getting it in DVD in some years on a special sale. I am sure I will feel like watching it again at some point.

Also, I highly recommend to have watched Man of Steel at least once before watching this movie.

I saw it, and was very disappointed as usual because I expected it. I did not want to see Gal Gadot as wonder woman, she is way to skinny, I don 't care that she is beautiful, there was other candidates who could have fit the role. Actors get certain role offers depending on their current celeb status, super biased. Here role was useless in this film anyway, she got beat up.

Superman failed to impress me in this movie. Jesse Eisenberg did a terrible job as Lex Luthor, he was way too energetic, and plus many more flaws. The humor was excessive, there is just way to many thing to complain about.

I did not like the movie at all, but I did see it only because I wanted to get it over with.

Yeah, I have seen it a while back and its sad what they tried to do with this movie. I mean if the creators just took their time with these movies instead of trying to play catch up with Marvel this would have never happened. Not, only did it not make me care for the continuity but it almost made me embarrassed to be a reader of comics. It's certainly not a good film for the casual viewer but understandable in its own unique take. The over all problem was too many sub plots for its own good.

Apparently the movie has not been doing so hot in the press screenings and early reviews, and that's a big downer for me. I love the DC properties, and I have wanted nothing more than to see them make good comic book movies of their heroes, but it seems like this isn't that movie. I'm still probably going to go out and see it, just so I can form my own opinions, but it isn't looking too hot.

Are you looking forward to it? Have you seen it? Are you going to see it?
I was so mixed about that movie. Parts of it was so awesome, other parts weren't explained very well. People complain about how dark it was but I didn't mind it. I just wanted them to clash because of ideology about justice not because Superman was forced into it. Batman was well explained and I enjoyed Ben Affleck's version of him. Hopefully Justice League ends up being better

Back