Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Dawn your square pants, its time to go back down under the sea!

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, released back in 2003 and very good for both the time and now, is being remade for the PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

Publisher THQ Nordic announced the game earlier today, and it sounds like it’s doing quite a bit more than just upping the resolution. From the game’s Steam page, the remake is going to have “high-end visuals, modern resolutions and carefully polished gameplay”, along with a “brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and splitscreen” and even the addition of some stuff that was cut from the original game, like a boss fight against Robo Squidward.

I've never played the original, but I heard a lot of good things about it, so I may get this game for the Switch.

I have to say I think THQ as a company are up there with the best in the gaming scene at the moment. They’re remaking and rebooting a lot of what people want to see and making some interesting new titles too. They seem to be doing very well.

Never played this game. Actually, I'd never even heard of it before yesterday but I will be checking it out. THQ is great and I love Spongebob.

Back