Battlefront has no story campaign

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Was confirmed a while ago, never posted here so I thought I would post it up now - pretty sure this will get some reaction, not something I am happy about at all personally. 

Somewhat surprisingly there’s no story mode at all, although that may be an admission that the multiplayer-focused action just isn’t suited to storytelling – after criticism of previous Battlefield games, including the recent Battlefield Hardline.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/17/star-wars-battlefront-has-no-story-campaign-40-player-cap-5155244/#ixzz3aWEkm6wY
What do you think? I tend not to buy online only games as they tend to get boring quickly and never really stay active (Titanfall and Evolve come to mind)... if it had story mode I would buy it for sure!

Must because Destiny is failing hard with trying to tell a story :p

But I'm sure the game will do fine.

When reading about the game on paper it is hard to feel excited about it with everything they are taking out from the original but then you see the trailer and it looks amazing.  You make a really good point with the campaign mode though.  Hopefully the game does not die down too quickly.  The original version definitely spoiled us!

I'm really sad that it doesn't have campaign mode but hopefully the multiplayer mode suffices.
From what I've gathered from the trailer the game looks really good and I think it will do just fine even without a storyline.

I've heard reports that they were going to introduce Galactic Conquest (the best mode from BF2) will be added later.  If they add that mode as a single player, I think it'll be okay.  But the story in BF2 was pretty enjoyable, sad that we won't see it anymore.

FuZyOn said:
I'm really sad that it doesn't have campaign mode but hopefully the multiplayer mode suffices.
From what I've gathered from the trailer the game looks really good and I think it will do just fine even without a storyline.
According to those who have played it they say that even without a story, they are able to captivate that star wars feeling still to a great extent. 

I'm more of an online gamer myself anyway but it seems strange for them to drop it completely when Call of Duty is keeping theres.

Battlefront not having a story has nothing to do with Destiny's story being good or bad. It has everything to do wit the landscape of today's gamer.

To companies, people only care about multiplayer. Of course, that's not true, but they know that's where their longevity money is.

This irks me. I actually like story modes in fps games. Not all of us like playing competitive modes all the time. And some of us like having some form of playability when a game server eventually shuts down for good.

What gets me with this is that they're going to charge $60 for this. Any game that is multiplayer only should not be charging that much. Especially when we know microstransactions will be coming into play soon enough

Online can be intimidating. Especially for new players. Having the single player is a way of at least training gamers before they head online. Now companies are saying "screw the training wheels, just go ride and hope you don't fall too much". That right there is enough for me to keep my money in my pocket.

Apparently they haven't learned from Titanfall. The game became a ghost town for a reason. And it's only now populated again because they gave it away free this past E3. I guess they assume that since this is a licensed IP and Star Wars that they can avoid the same failure this time around.

Games that are only online get boring much faster, but with something like Star Wars and the hype for it hopefully people will keep playing. I know I will if the gameplay's good enough.

Normally the reason for only online games is to focus on developing gameplay, we'll have to see if EA delivers.

Back