Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Since I last platinum a video game that I owned, but I honored my past gaming self by getting 100% on .hack//G.U. last recode!

Looking at Persona 5 and my progress, I'm feeling good about plating that game next as well.

How far along in Persona 5 are you?
(I just completed the infiltration of the 5th dungeon and am now completing some sidequests in Mementos. If I recall correctly I'm on Sept 18th 20XX.)

Have you been using the money trick?

How far along in Persona 5 are you?
(I just completed the infiltration of the 5th dungeon and am now completing some sidequests in Mementos. If I recall correctly I'm on Sept 18th 20XX.)

Have you been using the money trick?

I just entered the third dungeon tonight (the bank)

funny you mention that, is there any money tricks? I'm in need of a lot of money (equipment upgrades are not cheap in this game).

There's a pretty easy way to get a ton of money... It does take a bit to get going but once you can start to pull it off you can get a lot of money in a hurry. (At the moment, my money count is 9,999,999. Took me about 2 hours to get there from 2,500,000.)

1- Find (or fuse) a persona called Mandrake. Make sure it has the Pulinpa skill. (They start with it normally. Do not delete this skill, it is integral for the trick to work.)

2- Use the Strengthen persona option to sacrifice a person that's only a few levels ahead of it. (Basically just to give the Mandrake 1 level up.) Make sure that when the persona levels up that the only stat that is glowing gold is Luck (bottom stat). If it would level up but there's more than one stat showing, press the button to back out, reselect the person (cursor remembers where you were last so you just have to pres X again) and see if Luck is the only stat.

3- Grow the Luck stat to as high as you can reasonably afford. (I boosted to 40.)

4- Go to Mementos and find the boss of one of these side quests
Beware the Clingy Ex-Boyfriend!
Path of Qimranut: Area 1
5/7, D difficulty

Phantom Thieves VS Burglary Ring
Path Aiyatsbus: Area 6
6/18, D difficulty

One Who Bullies Bullies
Path Aiyatsbus: Area 5
Moon Rank 3 > Check Mishima’s message > Find clues at school gate
Any date, D difficulty

Who's Muscling in Yongen-Jaya?
Path of Kaitul: Area 10
8/30, C difficulty

Part-time Job, Full-time Hell
Path of Chemdah: Area 1
Moon Rank 4 > Check Mishima’s message the next day
Any date, C difficulty

Who's Been Assaulting People?
Path of Kaitul: Area 5
8/5 > Check message > Work at the flower shop twice or more
Any date, C difficulty

Ending the Boyfriend's Abuse
Path of Chemdah: Area 3
Speak to Chihaya in Shinjuku, prerequisite for beginning Fortune Confidant.
Any date, C difficulty

Bad Medicine
Path of Chemdah: Area 2
Death Rank 7
Any date, C difficulty

A Teacher Maid to Suffer
Path of Chemdah: Area 7
Temperance Rank 8
Any date, C difficulty

Man of Many Faces and Debts
Path of Akzeriyyuth: Area 3
Moon Rank 8 > Check message the next day
Any date, B difficulty

Daughter's Just a Meal Ticket
Path of Adyeshach: Area 3
Hermit Rank 7
Any date, A difficulty

Swindling Old Folk is Pretty Low
Path of Adyeshach: Area 13
11/25, A difficulty

5- During the battle switch to Mandrake and cast Pulinpa.

6- Guard on each turn, recast Pulinpa as needed. (Pulinpa wears off after 3 turns, and it can't be stacked. So guaranteed that at least once every 4th turn you'll be taking a hit. So make sure others guard and have decent SP.)

How it works...
Pulinpa has a high chance of causing confusion. When enemies are confused they stop attacking completely and can either: sit idly, throw an item or throw money. The money throw is the important one here. The amount they throw depends on the person that you have equipped's luck. So high luck = high money.

With a Mandrake that has 99 luck it's possible to get ~100,000-250,000 per money throw. (And since you don't have to end the battle nor do they ever run out of money... you can keep farming for money.)

Once you have at least 1 million ensure you buy 6 or so SP adhesive 3 equips from Tae Takami. (They regen 7SP per turn. Makes grinding dungeons so much easier since you can find some mooks to just guard against, regen SP take them out in one shot and heal.)

Note that if your confidant relationship with Tae Takami isn't at least 5 you can't get the SP adhesive 3. (If it's 7 then you get it for half price... only 50,000. )

I've never platinumed a game on either PS3 or PS4. Partially because I have a gigantic backlog of games I need to finish, and I love RPG's, so that takes awhile to beat each game, so I'm usually content with just beating the main story and maybe some post-game stuff. I also noticed a lot of the games I have have trophies that either require multiple playthroughs, or I have to restart the game with said trophy in mind. So replaying a 60+ hour RPG more than once just for a couple of trophies? lolna

I've never platinumed a game on either PS3 or PS4. Partially because I have a gigantic backlog of games I need to finish, and I love RPG's, so that takes awhile to beat each game, so I'm usually content with just beating the main story and maybe some post-game stuff. I also noticed a lot of the games I have have trophies that either require multiple playthroughs, or I have to restart the game with said trophy in mind. So replaying a 60+ hour RPG more than once just for a couple of trophies? lolna

Oh I'm not into plating games either, but I owed it to my younger self to get something to show off my many wasted hours of completing the game.

Ah, shoot, I forgot to include part of the process...

When you increase the Mandrake's luck. Register it in the compendium. Then back out of the Velvet room and release the Mandrake. Then go back in, re-summon the Mandrake (now sporting the upgraded stat). It'll count as a new persona (thus can be strengthened again). This will allow you to boost the Mandrake's luck multiple times without waiting.

Ah, shoot, I forgot to include part of the process...

When you increase the Mandrake's luck. Register it in the compendium. Then back out of the Velvet room and release the Mandrake. Then go back in, re-summon the Mandrake (now sporting the upgraded stat). It'll count as a new persona (thus can be strengthened again). This will allow you to boost the Mandrake's luck multiple times without waiting.

ahh thanks, even with a luck of 11 I still got enough money to cover the next dungeon and beyond. Do I always have to use a persona one level higher than Mandrake when making it stronger?

I usually used a persona about 3 levels higher just to be sure. Since once it gets beyond like level 15 it starts taking 5,000 XP+ to get a single level. (Level 30+ starts taking ~10,000.)

Though there were other things that factor in. Like if you have a high confidant level it might give more XP. Also personas that share a confidant sometimes give bonus XP. (I had a Hell Biker that I was using to strengthen Mandrake, both death confidant, and the Mandrake was getting 1.5x the experience because of the Hell Biker.)

I usually used a persona about 3 levels higher just to be sure. Since once it gets beyond like level 15 it starts taking 5,000 XP+ to get a single level. (Level 30+ starts taking ~10,000.)

Though there were other things that factor in. Like if you have a high confidant level it might give more XP. Also personas that share a confidant sometimes give bonus XP. (I had a Hell Biker that I was using to strengthen Mandrake, both death confidant, and the Mandrake was getting 1.5x the experience because of the Hell Biker.)

Good to know, I'll hopefully be able to farm better next time I head into the place.

I am currently on my second run on Persona 5. And just wondering who is your current waifu in the game? lol the harem route Valentine's day scene is quite funny.

So I take it you are doing the harem route to see them all in one go?:grin:

Smoooth Joker!

Mona's go to sleep thing is quite annoying to me lol a phantom thief that cannot stay up late because a talking cat is stopping him to do so with all his might.

kku6l8wo74rr0mgksi0x.jpg

Back