froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

The year of retail closures continues: Best Buy is closing two stores in the Birmingham area.

Best Buy in the Silver City Galleria mall is closing.

A spokesman for the Richfield-Minnesota-based electronics retailer on Friday confirmed that the Taunton store will close Oct. 28.

The company announced it would close six locations in Minnesota and six in Illinois. Five of the six in Minnesota are in the Twin Cities area. The remaining store closing is in Rochester.

Best Buy previously announced it would close 50 stores this year to focus on its more profitable locations, while also cutting 400 corporate jobs and trimming $800 million in costs.

Read More

Hopefully, the workers can find new jobs at the electronics section of Office supply stores like Office Depot and Department stores like Walmart.

I think most buyers are fine with cheaper electronics from discount department stores like Walmart which sell a lot of cheaper electronic brands from lesser known brands like RCA, Vizio Hisense, etc. Wal-Mart and other department stores also sell Apple, Sony, Panasonic, and Microsoft products like Xbox and Samsung.

For buyers who want to buy electronics online, they can use sites like Amazon, eBay, and Craigslist, or directly from Apple, Microsoft, and other electronic brand websites.

Hopefully they won't close my Iowa town based one, it's really the only tech store in town after they closed Radio shack.

Oh my God..
Well the online stores are gaining popularity. You could get anything from an online store.. So I am not surprised to hear about this, to be honest

Hopefully they won't close my Iowa town based one, it's really the only tech store in town after they closed Radio shack.

It is unfortunate that dedicated tech stores are closing down where many places wont have tech stores except for a few Apple stores and Gamestop which sells less tech compared to Bestbuy which sell car stereos, cameras, fridges, microwaves, computer parts, and tech toys like toy robots and electronic musical instruments.

Buying tech offline is becoming more inconvenient for offline buyers who are sometimes forced to go to another town or state if they want to try out and buy a video game or game console at the game console booths at Bestbuy which maybe the only nearby offline store which has a game console booth because their town does not have a Gamestop and other tech store which sells physical games, and let people test out popular recent games at the game console booth.

Oh my God..
Well the online stores are gaining popularity. You could get anything from an online store.. So I am not surprised to hear about this, to be honest

I agree the internet is a reason for people not buying as much tech at Bestbuy, and choosing to buy tech at a website.

Another reasons for local stores like Bestbuy closing down is that people don't care as much about buying from their local stores which hire local people who live close to Bestbuy.

More people these days care more about buying products online for cheaper prices, and the convenience of buying things online.

It is unfortunate that dedicated tech stores are closing down where many places wont have tech stores except for a few Apple stores and Gamestop which sells less tech compared to Bestbuy which sell car stereos, cameras, fridges, microwaves, computer parts, and tech toys like toy robots and electronic musical instruments.

Buying tech offline is becoming more inconvenient for offline buyers who are sometimes forced to go to another town or state if they want to try out and buy a video game or game console at the game console booths at Bestbuy which maybe the only nearby offline store which has a game console booth because their town does not have a Gamestop and other tech store which sells physical games, and let people test out popular recent games at the game console booth.

I agree the internet is a reason for people not buying as much tech at Bestbuy, and choosing to buy tech at a website.

Another reasons for local stores like Bestbuy closing down is that people don't care as much about buying from their local stores which hire local people who live close to Bestbuy.

More people these days care more about buying products online for cheaper prices, and the convenience of buying things online.

The thing with tech is that you can't possibly stock everything that a person wants, and there is always someone who comes in wanting to buy a very odd item like a USB to USB connector.

The thing with tech is that you can't possibly stock everything that a person wants, and there is always someone who comes in wanting to buy a very odd item like a USB to USB connector.

This is true, a lot of tech stores no longer sell less popular items like power cable for the original fat Xbox One, and the internet is almost the only place to find an older style power cable for the original fat Xbox One.

I think it would be useful for Bestbuy to have a service for ordering odd tech items from an electronics factory, and shipping it to a local Bestbuy for instore pickup, or the buyer's home. Sometimes less informed buyers end up buying the wrong connector or fake items when they try to buy the item themselves on the internet, so having a more tech-savvy employee at Bestbuy order the item for them can be useful.

Yeah... But still.. If their products are selling well online.. Then they could use these stores like warehouse, to store the new stuff.
Guess that's not happening either

Who wants to go to local stores while online stores becoming populour while most of the stuff we get from online stores and most of the people shop at online.

Yeah... But still.. If their products are selling well online.. Then they could use these stores like warehouse, to store the new stuff.
Guess that's not happening either

There are wholesale stores which are like a warehouse which sell things like electronics, food, clothes, and other stuff for cheaper prices. But, buyers need to buy a yearly membership card, and sometimes buy large boxes of food and other stuff instead of just buying a small bag of hand picked food.

Who wants to go to local stores while online stores becoming populour while most of the stuff we get from online stores and most of the people shop at online.

I think local stores are good if you need to quickly buy electronic accessories like a USB phone charger, or headphones because you lost or broke them. But, for more expensive products like tv, computers, and printers, online websites like Amazon have better prices. Amazon also sells a lot of less common products like computer repair tool kits which may not be sold at local stores.

There are wholesale stores which are like a warehouse which sell things like electronics, food, clothes, and other stuff for cheaper prices. But, buyers need to buy a yearly membership card, and sometimes buy large boxes of food and other stuff instead of just buying a small bag of hand picked food.

I think local stores are good if you need to quickly buy electronic accessories like a USB phone charger, or headphones because you lost or broke them. But, for more expensive products like tv, computers, and printers, online websites like Amazon have better prices. Amazon also sells a lot of less common products like computer repair tool kits which may not be sold at local stores.
Yeah in this case amazon did an great service and yes for getting a little stuff local stores were great.

I see.. But I thought we were talking about stores and warehouses.
How come wholesale stuff came into the picture?
Sorry I am kinda lost here

I see.. But I thought we were talking about stores and warehouses.
How come wholesale stuff came into the picture?
Sorry I am kinda lost here

Wholesale stores in North America are similar to a warehouse and a store in one building, and people can buy electronics and appliances from wholesale stores when they shop at a wholesales warehouse which sell a lot of other products like food.

Wholesale stores in North America are similar to a warehouse and a store in one building, and people can buy electronics and appliances from wholesale stores when they shop at a wholesales warehouse which sell a lot of other products like food.
I see... Well as far as I know warehouse keeps stuff and then distribute it so that the products are sold elsewhere...
In some other shops.
Well they do have an outlet though.
Thank for explaining it to me : D

Back