Best forum host?

jcink

Invisionfree. I like Jcinks options, but there are some bugs in it that discourage me from using it.

Have your heard about Forumotion?
It's very easy to sign up, you simply need to provide the forum name, subdomain (what will appear in the URL), password, email address and the category of the forum. All of this takes around two minutes, after which you can choose the initial forum skin, then you are taken directly to your new forum.

Give it a try
winking0056.gif
: free forums

Hope this can help!

I use MyBB
Its Like Invisionfree and btw plouplou php is easy to hack unlike most others you could do it really easy NOW I am NOT saying that any forum is unhackable as all of them are but I would sugest moving to invisionfree.com or ipbfree.com
or if you want to use Mybb
I would go to
ulmb.com sign up then go to
mybboard.net and downloading it and it will look like
lof.ulmb.com/forums

iPBFree. Invisionfree has horrible support, and if you cannot figure somehing out, chances are oyu are screwed over.. .

Also. I am staff at iPBFree
character0044.gif

I think that it's best to buy hosting and install a forum software instead of relying on free services such as Forumotion...

I think that it's best to buy hosting and install a forum software instead of relying on free services such as Forumotion...
Now that is an old topic. Yes I agree, mainly because if Forumotion close down you are screwed.

I like Icyboards best for free forum hosting, however it is best to host yourself. Icyboards offer you database backups for a small amount of money too (I think) so you can eventually transfer it to your own hosting.

Your own paid hosting account + self hosted forum software.

Don't EVER go with a free host for a forum. It will not end well.

I'd like to ask why would you ever use a free host when you can buy shared hosting with a good host like sight ground and run whatever you want? Just curious why people use free forum host.

I'd like to ask why would you ever use a free host when you can buy shared hosting with a good host like sight ground and run whatever you want? Just curious why people use free forum host.

they simply can't afford it or have no means of paying for it. It wasn't till GL's (which was still GF) 6th year I believe that I could finally afford it's own hosting.

It's worth pointing out that some places paypal and things like that don't work in. That or because of the exchange rate it's way more expensive. (For comparison... the average Mexican makes 70 pesos a day. That's about 4.5 USD for a day, not an hour. Roughly 19MXN = 1USD. So that 5USD hosting plan per month takes an entire's day pay. So if you have to decide between eating that day or buying hosting... seems a pretty easy comparison no? )

Also some people don't want to pour money into something that might not even take off. Why spend like 13 for a domain and 5-10 for hosting on something that they may get bored of? This way they haven't spent loads of money only to have wasted it. (A fact that a good many "experienced" admins would do well to remember.)

Another reason why is simply that some people view it as a hobby and don't want to put money into this. And with several good free options that's entirely their choice. No one should ride them for it or think less of them for it. (And yeah, I very much have seen admins look down on others for not using paid hosting. Just because you want to doesn't mean everyone has to do things your way or that your way is the only right way.)

Also some people don't want to pour money into something that might not even take off. Why spend like 13 for a domain and 5-10 for hosting on something that they may get bored of? This way they haven't spent loads of money only to have wasted it. (A fact that a good many "experienced" admins would do well to remember.)

This hasn't exactly stopped me ^^;

Back