Best year in the history of gaming

It's not this year or last year for me, 2013 and half of 2014 is the year. That's when I Was doing YouTube videos and done allot of GTA role-playeing with other great members, the good old times

I think I'd go with 2007 too. COD4 is one of my top favorites. Portal, Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Uncharted, all great games too. Can't think of any better years.

Not sure of the exact year but I think it was mid 2000s where I lost sleep waiting for my .hack games and Kingdom hearts 2.

I personally agree with Kotaku and many other people about regarding 1998 as the best year of gaming. Why? In a nutshell, because during that year happened A lot of best-game-of-all-time releases and was the turning point for 3 D games which began to mature from. Let's take a look at some release:

-Zelda Ocarina of time. (N64) First 3D Zelda game and an authentic revolution in gaming
-Fallout 2. (PC) Tim Cain long awaited direct sequel from Fallout
-Starcraft (PC) The South Korean national sport, nuff said.
-Half Life (PC) The first story driven fps which ended up in a eternal promise for a third game
- Pokémon red and blue (GBC) The weapon which allowed Japan to finally conquer the western world.
- Metal Gear Solid (PSX) Kojima extolled to the genius status thanks to this collection of mindfucks.

2007's impact looks pretty much discreet compared to 1998.

Back