Better Dumbledore?

Who played the part of Professor Albus Dumbledore better in the Harry Potter movies?

• Richard Harris

• Michael Gambon

Results are only viewable after voting.

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
This is a big debate in my house hold. Who do you think played the part of Dumbledore better?

Richard Harris (he played the part for the first two films but passed away after the second film was completed)

Michael Gambon (he took up the part for the third movie after Richard Harris passed away and continued playing the part until the end of the series)

I liked what Richard Harris portrayed at first, but I don't see him getting aggressive like how Michael Gambon went. Soooo they were each best in their own way.

My husband like Richard Harris' version of Dumbledore better. I preferred Michael Gambon's version better.

I liked what Richard Harris portrayed at first, but I don't see him getting aggressive like how Michael Gambon went. Soooo they were each best in their own way.

I didn't think of that till you mentioned it. Good point.....

It's going to be Richard Harris for me. His aura in the role was something I can't get over. I'm not saying Michael Gambon wasn't impressive too.

I kinda agree with how it was explained in this video.

It's not the actor but the entire vibe of the movies changed after the first 2 which was jarring and made me not like the second guy as a side effect.

It's not the actor but the entire vibe of the movies changed after the first 2 which was jarring and made me not like the second guy as a side effect.
How would you rate Jude Law in acting the younger Dumbledore in the Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore?

images - 2022-12-13T230723.330.jpeg

It was hard for me to get use to seeing a "younger" Dumbledore because I'm use to Dumbledore being much older during Harry's time at Hogwarts.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jude Law is a really good actor and I have nothing against him. It's just taken some getting use to.

It was hard for me to get use to seeing a "younger" Dumbledore because I'm use to Dumbledore being much older during Harry's time at Hogwarts.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jude Law is a really good actor and I have nothing against him. It's just taken some getting use to.
Yeah me too. I was like okay, let me see what he can be able to do compared to the older version of Dumbledore. He didn't disappoint anyways.

Michael Gambon is my favourite guy to play Dumbledore. His level of aggressiveness in the role is what had me fell in love with him playing the role but Richard Harris isn't bad either.

Last edited:
Unforgiven is the best movie Richard Harris played for me. He was more than good in the movie.

Back