Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The Biden administration on Thursday declared monkeypox a public health emergency, with cases on the rise across the US.

The announcement came during a briefing with the Department of Health and Human Services.

The administration has been criticized at times for its handling of the outbreak, and some have called on the government to declare a national emergency without delay.

Since the first US monkeypox case was identified in mid-May, more than 6,600 probable or confirmed cases have been detected in the United States. Cases have been identified in every state except Montana and Wyoming.

The declaration follows the World Health Organization announcement last month that monkeypox is a public health emergency of international concern. WHO defines a public health emergency of international concern, or PHEIC, as "an extraordinary event" that constitutes a "public health risk to other States through the international spread of disease" and "to potentially require a coordinated international response."

Some cities and states, including New York City, San Francisco, California, Illinois and New York, have already declared monkeypox an emergency, allowing them to free up funding and resources for their responses to the outbreak.

Hopefully, not many people get infected with Monkeypox, and people who need the Monkeypox vaccine can quickly get the vaccine.

As long as it doesn't collude with later pollings and they don't overspend on it to raise taxes, then somehow I am okay with it. Especially if people are going to bark back when the enforcement comes.

Vaccine, the one that works, is in short supply at the moment.

That is unfortunate. I hope people will take Monkeypox seriously, and take the necessary steps to prevent getting Monkeypox.

I feel the safest thing to do is avoid cities where you may more likely get Monkeypox because there have been a lot of new Monkeypox infections.

I feel like the government is dropping the ball pretty bad with both COVID and Monkeypox at this point. Granted the public view and such for these things have become a political nightmare that I can not imagine anyone fixing soon.

Thankfully I did see the national stockpile of smallpox vaccines will work to stop monkeypox should things grow out of hand, but overall it is not a vaccine many people will want as it does have unenjoyable side effects.

Hopefully, not many people get infected with Monkeypox, and people who need the Monkeypox vaccine can quickly get the vaccine.
Making the vaccine readily available is one of the ways that we can ensure that a lot of persons are immuned to the monkeypox virus. I hate seeing another health emergency happening after what we had with the covid 19 era.

Back