Blackberry DTEK50. Fully Android. Super Secure. All the features you could ever want.

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

When it comes to security, BlackBerry is leading all other Android smartphones.

Many popular smartphones put the user’s private information at risk of being hacked due to slow security updates. BlackBerry lives and breathes security and has taken extra steps to help protect you from malware and hacks.

DTEK50 features:
- a best in class Intelligent Keyboard,
- 5.2” scratch and smudge resistant display,
- Convenience Key that you can program for quick access to favorite apps or features,
- stunning 8 megapixel front and 13 megapixel rear Cameras,
- preloaded with BlackBerry Hub and the DTEK™ security app that lets you know when your privacy could be at risk and how you can take action to improve it

The Power of BlackBerry is now on Android. DTEK50.

Source

This look like a good phone for someone who cares a lot about their phone's security and privacy, but still want to use a modern mobile operating system with a lot of apps.

Sounds like a really good phone.

If that was true, they'd have developed a security program like BitDefender, Kaspersky, Avira etc.

Yes, the phone does come with security programs which is made by Blackberry. But, Blackberry Android phone with Blackberry security apps and services installed on it will probably keeps people's information and privacy safer than just installing an antivirus app like Bitdefender on Google Android.

Looks like a really good phone.
I might get it sometime soon in the near future.

Trust me. You don't want an Android phone. iPhones are the way to go when it comes to getting a new smartphone.
I have a samusung galaxy a5.
It's an andriod phone. I also have a samsung galaxy tab e which has an andriod OS too.

Far as Andriod goes just flash your own ROM and you have complete control over it.

I agree, Flashing a custom ROM will give you better control over Android, and custom ROMS also don't come with bloatware apps which are sometimes bundled with the default ROM on a phone made by a company. I think most custom ROMS also let you uninstall apps like YouTube, Calculator, Google Chrome, etc if you don't need them.

Rooting an Android device also allow users to use overclocking apps to overclock the CPU, RAM, and GPU for better performance.

I have no clue what that means. Regular people don't buy smartphones to start learning tech stuff. They buy them to be entertained in a user-friendly way. Which is what iPhones do (and what Windows Phone were doing until Microsoft gave up on them).

I think the original Blackberry Smartphones with BB10 are also user friendly. But, BB10 is now less popular.

There are some custom homescreen, apps, and widgets which can make Android more user friendly for less-tech savvy users.

I think it is always a good option to be able to load a custom ROM onto a phone since it gives users more control when they need more control in the future, and allow them to pick a custom ROM which is best for them.

I have no clue what that means. Regular people don't buy smartphones to start learning tech stuff. They buy them to be entertained in a user-friendly way. Which is what iPhones do (and what Windows Phone were doing until Microsoft gave up on them).

Might want to start learning then, most phones come out intending to screw someone over in some way.

Though it doesn't matter if its PCs, Phones, Cars, whatever. You need to learn a little about what you are buying to make sure its used properly and that you know what you're using.

Back