Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
First Valve and now Blizzard has proclaim to not be happy about the new OS due out this October.

Blizzard executive vice president of game design Rob Pardo says Microsoft's controversial new operating system also isn't great for his company, which makes games like Diablo III and World of Warcraft.

"Nice interview with Gabe Newell - 'I think Windows 8 is a catastrophe for everyone in the PC space* - not awesome for Blizzard either," Pardo wrote on Twitter earlier this week.

Stardock also denounced Windows 8 in an editorial on this site earlier this year. That's three of the biggest companies in PC gaming all down on the operating system.

source

it's bad MS isn't getting these three's backing.

I think 3rd-party companies might be mad at the Windows Marketplace Store built-in to Windows which is similar the the Apple App Store, and Xbox Live Marketplace since most likely MS will use their Marketplace to exclusively promote Xbox, Halo, Microsoft games like Age of Empires, Flight, etc, and Microsoft Software instead of third party developers like Blizzard, and Valve.

I like Windows 8 user interface as well since it looks like the Xbox Live Dashboard which is easy to use, and innovative with built-in apps like Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, Xbox Live, etc.

Back