Blog Websites which require Readers to Click a Load Comments button to read comments Annoying?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I find it annoying that some blogs require readers to press a "Read comment" button just to load the comments on a blog.

I usually like reading the comments after reading the blog's article, and requiring me to press a button to read comments is kind of annoying because sometimes I need to press a button and wait an extra few seconds for the comments to load instead of letting the comments load in the background while I am still reading the post.

I am the same I prefer to be able to to just read the comments without having to click anything after reading the article. Sometimes I do wonder why some blog owners choose to do things this way as it can be off putting and they must lose readers because of that.

I am the same I prefer to be able to to just read the comments without having to click anything after reading the article. Sometimes I do wonder why some blog owners choose to do things this way as it can be off putting and they must lose readers because of that.

Adding a show comments button to load comments may make a blog article load slightly faster. But, blogs can setup their blog to load fewer comments like 5 comments on one page, and have additional comments to load on different pages if blogs are worried about slow website load times.

Some blogs may hide comments by default, so it increases the chance that people will click on ads, and other articles which may increase their earnings from more ad clicks, and pageviews which is how most blogs make money.

I feel hiding comments and requiring people to press a button to read comments will cause users to get annoyed, and make the blog's reader community less active, and post fewer comments.

Back