Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
They have been tweeting cryptic messages on a big ps5 game they are making or re-making:

Some people speculated it's a new/remake Legend Of Dragoon game.
EIPjx5PXYAIRV8W.jpg:large

From gamesradar:

Bluepoint is famous for its remakes and remasters, a reputation earned through its overhaul of Shadow of the Colossus for PS4, as well as its work on titles like Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, Gravity Rush, and Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection. We now know that the studio has been working on something for a while now, but today's news confirmed that "something" will be for the PS5 and that it will be big.

Wired spoke with Marco Thrush, the president of Bluepoint Games, as part of its uncovering of new PS5 details. While we have known that GT Sport developer Polyphony Digital and Astro Bot Rescue Mission developer SIE Japan Studio has been creating demos to showcase the power and potential of the PS5, this is the first time Sony has confirmed that a new PS5 game is in the works. Thrush confirmed that the studio has its sights set on 2020, explaining: "We're working on a big one right now. I'll let you figure out the rest."

Last edited:
Well it's not a Legend Of Dragoon game or a remaster, considering how bad that game looks you can't remaster it.

Must be a Castlevania type game?

Well Shadow Of Colossus for the ps4 is a remake, so they could be doing the same thing to LOD. Like what yoshida said back then on Shadow Of Colossus thing:

Yoshida confirmed this in an interview with Japanese gaming outlet Famitsu (translated via Siliconera).
"It is a remake. The game content is the same as the original version, but all the assets are being remade,"

Could also be a Syphoon filter remake, though that Halloween tweet was very specific mentioning dart and the black monster thing.

Well Shadow Of Colossus for the ps4 is a remake, so they could be doing the same thing to LOD.

could also be a Syphoon filter remake, though that Halloween tweet was very specific mentioning dart and the black monster thing.

a blood red moon and bats seems to be a bad representation of dragons. Though opening up PS5 lineup with a new dragoon game would be bold and fantastic.

a blood red moon and bats seems to be a bad representation of dragons. Though opening up PS5 lineup with a new dragoon game would be bold and fantastic.

True. It would be great if it is LOD. one can hope...

read from thegamer, So Sony did ask for a Syphon Filter Remake but the director at the time was not interested, now he is no longer with Sony Bend probably we are going to get one eventually:

Ross said, "They asked us, 'what about a Syphon Filter remake'? They asked us if there were any other IPs that we have that we can use, and the only other one that we have is Syphon Filter. But honestly, I had zero ideas on how to reboot Syphon Filter so I wasn't interested in that at all."

Ross continued to reveal that he wanted to pitch an open-world Resistance, saying, "The pitch that I was working on was an open-world Resistance, which would be fucking rad. All these open-world loops that we'd figured out, it almost wrote itself with Resistance there are so many aspects of that property that lent itself to open-world gameplay. They weren't interested in that either, I don't know how well that sold. They were interested in almost anything except for Days Gone 2."

Jaffe goes on to ask whether Ross thinks that the team would have received the green light if they had pitched Syphon Filter, to which Ross said, "I don't know about that. It was kind of like a keep them busy type of question like 'hey guys, want to come up with something Syphon Filter' while we figure out what we're confident in pitching. I don't think it was ever genuine".

Although it's clear that the team isn't keen on a new Syphon Filter, it's not currently known what Sony Bend is working on, other than that it'll be a brand new IP for the studio and reportedly feature multiplayer elements of some kind.

Back