Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

The true glory as seen by the PC master race...

The main problem with PC gaming has always been that whether a game can run on a PC or not, and to which extend, heavily depends on the hardware you have, which on its turn gets obsolete really quick.
And also the heavily dependence on Windows, which can break with any update (especially Windows 10).

Cemu is a Wii U emulator, and we already know the Wii U version of BotW has better graphics than the Switch version, so this comparison is kind of unfair IMO.

The main problem with PC gaming has always been that whether a game can run on a PC or not, and to which extend, heavily depends on the hardware you have, which on its turn gets obsolete really quick.
And also the heavily dependence on Windows, which can break with any update (especially Windows 10).

Cemu is a Wii U emulator, and we already know the Wii U version of BotW has better graphics than the Switch version, so this comparison is kind of unfair IMO.
Ayyyy where you getting that info from?

Since you don't specify what you want to know:
- The PC gaming part is simply a well known fact.
- Same holds true on the Windows part, since Microsoft sometimes forgets to test their software these days (examples: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
- The site of Cemu even mentions it's a Wii U emulator.
- One example about the graphics part can be found here. At least, this is the one I saw at launch.

Just a tip: a higher resolution doesn't always magically result in better graphics (try to upscale a 200x200 image to 800x800, still like it?).

Since you don't specify what you want to know:
- The PC gaming part is simply a well known fact.
- Same holds true on the Windows part, since Microsoft sometimes forgets to test their software these days (examples: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
- The site of Cemu even mentions it's a Wii U emulator.
- One example about the graphics part can be found here. At least, this is the one I saw at launch.

Just a tip: a higher resolution doesn't always magically result in better graphics (try to upscale a 200x200 image to 800x800, still like it?).
Sorry, I just bolded the Switch vs Wii U comparisons in your post but it's barely noticeable. I don't think the Wii U version has better graphics, it's virtually the same game. That comparisons vid didn't really show a difference between the 2 other than the Switch's poor frame rate in docked mode (which is now fixed for the most part) and the extra fish jumping animation on the Wii U. I agree with what you're saying about resolution. What really matters is the native resolution, which is why emulators are so awesome. In Breath of the Wild's case, higher resolution does mean better graphics as the Switch can render more pixels which gives us a cleaner image.

This game already has a PC port and yet no one knows how to hack a PS4 or XBONE. lol

This game already has a PC port and yet no one knows how to hack a PS4 or XBONE. lol
Wii U is easy to emulate because it's based on the Wii architecture, which happens to be based on GC architecture.

I heard rumours about Cemu that it was made using Wii U SDK stuff, which explains why it's closed source and Windows-only.
However, as a Wii U dev, I highly doubt it's even possible to make a commercial emulator out of any official tools provided by Nintendo.

Though on the other hand, I know hackers who have used official tools to create Mario Kart 7 custom tracks, as well as making debug-only ROMs playable on retail 3DS units and vice versa.

Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for my PC to get upgraded. Can't get a switch and upgrade my PC at the same time. Hmmm...upgrade my PC and wait for a working emulator then ;)

I'll wait for a Linux version instead.
I have the time, all I still play on my Wii U is Super Mario 64, which can be played on Mupen64Plus too any way (and without the rather annoying rumble feature).

Back