Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Nintendo teased The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Sequel. :cool:
zoo1pgwjbed2imv5aevo.png

vqsqabist0agtsvbs6z9.png

qfem5o4dpa4dxtcylwsn.png

Last edited:
I'm so happy. This is my favorite iteration of Zelda so far and I'm so happy that there's more to her story. I hope that she at least sticks around during the game. Oh! What if she's playable? That would be awesome.

Also, that corpse is totally Ganondorf of some sort. I didn't notice the first three times, but he has the symbol of the Gerudo on his jewelry.

I'm so happy. This is my favorite iteration of Zelda so far and I'm so happy that there's more to her story. I hope that she at least sticks around during the game. Oh! What if she's playable? That would be awesome.

Also, that corpse is totally Ganondorf of some sort. I didn't notice the first three times, but he has the symbol of the Gerudo on his jewelry.

I really do hope they make her playable, despite her kind of being useless showing in the flashbacks.

I really do hope they make her playable, despite her kind of being useless showing in the flashbacks.
Well she was able to hold Ganon back for 100 years so I'm sure she can do something. If anything, maybe it'll be one of those things where you can switch back and forth to solve puzzles. Though, I remember the reason they said they didn't include BotW Zelda in Smash is because she's more of a thinker than a fighter (or something like that.) So I don't know.

Oh! What if she's playable? That would be awesome.

Jason of Kotaku asked Aonuma the producer of the Zelda games directly on E3 on that:

“A lot of people have been asking that, and so I want to ask you, why do people think that?” Aonuma said when I asked him this morning during an E3 interview on the second floor of Nintendo’s booth at the Los Angeles Convention Center. He spoke through an English-Japanese translator.

“Well it seems like it’d make sense, because at the end of Breath of the Wild she was freed, so now she can be a protagonist,” I said. “Also, I think people have wanted it for a long time.”

“I see,” said Aonuma. Then he laughed. “But I can’t tell you.”

A few minutes later, I tried to get tricky, asking him how many playable characters there are in this sequel to one of the greatest games ever made. Sadly, he saw past my journalistic Jedi trick. “I can’t say,” Aonuma said.

Well she was able to hold Ganon back for 100 years so I'm sure she can do something. If anything, maybe it'll be one of those things where you can switch back and forth to solve puzzles. Though, I remember the reason they said they didn't include BotW Zelda in Smash is because she's more of a thinker than a fighter (or something like that.) So I don't know.

It was a smart move.

Jason of Kotaku asked Aonuma the producer of the Zelda games directly on E3 on that:

“A lot of people have been asking that, and so I want to ask you, why do people think that?” Aonuma said when I asked him this morning during an E3 interview on the second floor of Nintendo’s booth at the Los Angeles Convention Center. He spoke through an English-Japanese translator.

“Well it seems like it’d make sense, because at the end of Breath of the Wild she was freed, so now she can be a protagonist,” I said. “Also, I think people have wanted it for a long time.”

“I see,” said Aonuma. Then he laughed. “But I can’t tell you.”

A few minutes later, I tried to get tricky, asking him how many playable characters there are in this sequel to one of the greatest games ever made. Sadly, he saw past my journalistic Jedi trick. “I can’t say,” Aonuma said.

Read that, I give him a A+ for effort.

This old gameinformer interview wirh Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto is rather funny lol:

Aonuma-San mentioned that they decided to make Breath Of The Wild Sequel because the team got too many DLC ideas, from kotaku:

Schreier: What made you and the team decide to make a sequel to Breath of the Wild as opposed to a new Zelda game?

Aonuma: When we released the DLC for Breath of the Wild, we realized that this is a great way to add more elements to the same world. But when it comes down to technical things, DLC is pretty much data—you’re adding data to a preexisting title. And so when we wanted to add bigger changes, DLC is not enough, and that’s why we thought maybe a sequel would be a good fit.

Schreier: Was this sequel originally planned as DLC?

Aonuma: Initially we were thinking of just DLC ideas, but then we had a lot of ideas and we said, “This is too many ideas, let’s just make one new game and start from scratch.”

Back