froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
That being said, it looks like BlackBerry is done with the program because in an email the company had sent out to developers, they have announced that they will be shutting down the program and that they will no longer be accepting any new submissions, and that apps submitted for review will come to a halt.

According to the email, “With our focus on enterprise customers, we are evolving our app strategy to focus on secure enterprise apps leveraging BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Good Powered by BlackBerry. As a result, we’re ending the Built for BlackBerry program.” The good news is that your apps aren’t going anywhere.

Read More

This is sad that Blackberry no longer care about Blackberry Apps.

Oh, so they're getting closer and closer to shutting down the company, as far as I can see... It is sad indeed...

I think the Blackberry brand name, and their smartphone hardware business will still exist, but their Blackberry operating system, and App store are dying, and they may eventually rely only on the Google Android for the operating system, and Google Play for the apps store.

I think the Blackberry brand name, and their smartphone hardware business will still exist, but their Blackberry operating system, and App store are dying, and they may eventually rely only on the Google Android for the operating system, and Google Play for the apps store.
+1.

Blackberry as a company will be around still. They are just finally admitted that the BlackBerry OS and Apps have come to an end.. Which they have.

However their new Phones that come with Android are very nice.

Back