Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
At the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco, Bunige producer Allen Murray gave a talk about the studio's production process, which has gone through a major evolution of late. Formerly a one-project shop, Bungie has changed its approach to facilitate the development of multiple projects simultaneously. That's good news for gamers.

We've known for some time that Bungie is working on an entirely new intellectual property, and Murray noted that a development team is hard at work on that project. But that doesn't mean Bungie plans to close the book on Halo 3 after the ODST expansion ships this summer. According to Murray, the studio just finished a crunch -- a short period of intense production to meet a development milestone -- on ODST and another project, which he didn't name.

He could have been referring to the Mythic Map Pack, which was bundled with the Halo Wars Limited Edition in early March and will be distributed over Xbox Live on April 9. Or he could have been hinting that there's another expansion, multiplayer pack or surprise on the way.

"Halo 3 took two and a half years to make, and we're still working on it," Murray said. "We'll probably be working on it for two more years."

Murray's talk didn't delve into any details about Bungie's non-Halo 3 work, but the studio is definitely keeping busy. "We're working on multiple projects right now," he said.

source

Interesting.

I'm not a big Halo fan myself, but it's nice to see that games of that magnitude aren't abandoned once they reach the shelves.

Maybe we will see a Halo 3 PC game in 2010.

QUOTE (SwiftFire87 @ April 02, 2009 09:10 am) Maybe we will see a Halo 3 PC game in 2010.
Oh I hope so

Back