Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from beyondgames :

Seventeen players were tasked with playing 90-minute sessions of seven popular video games to determine how many calories a player can expect to burn. According to the results, Fortnite sessions burn the most calories at an average of 194. At the same time, GTA V comes in last place, with gamers burning roughly 164 calories per session Players burned approximately 189 calories playing Fifa and 188 during Call of Duty sessions.

Games-that-burn-calories-1024x615.jpg

Video games get intense, whether it’s duking it out with the barest shred of health left or completing a harrowing quest. These intense moments cause increased heart rates which in turn burns calories. While Fortnite burns the most calories, players had the most accelerated heart rates when playing Call of Duty: Warzone, with some having heart rates reaching 119BPM. On average, player heart rates increased to 89 BPM during Fortnite sessions. Of the games surveyed, players had the slowest heart rates when playing Minecraft.

Not bad for an hour and a half of sitting inside and enjoying yourself. I brought this up recently in another thread, but I think Mario Party would burn the most calories for me lol. That stuff gets *physical* like, we’re talking heart racing, shouting and jumping in both joy and frustration… ^^;

So when are the studies on video games being good for your health going to come out? It would definitely shut up the people who are constantly judging others for playing them lol.

Not bad for an hour and a half of sitting inside and enjoying yourself. I brought this up recently in another thread, but I think Mario Party would burn the most calories for me lol. That stuff gets *physical* like, we’re talking heart racing, shouting and jumping in both joy and frustration… ^^;
indeed. lol
Well if you move more while playing it you will indeed burn more calories, like many wii games or VR games

I think it depends on what you are playing. Games with fast paced music or need attention more can raise your heart rate. Slow games that take it easy with mellow vibes probably not, however when it destresses, it might improve health.

Back