Full GL Member
Credits
Profile Music
This screenshot should speak for itself:
637c9a457f06b29f.png

Your thoughts on this?

Source:
pinkprius: "This is #capitalism innovating! #Youtube #copyri…" - chaos.social

I feel people should not be able to copyright sounds like white noise, and the sound of the ocean's wave.

People are just really copyright happy these days...

Some copyright claims maybe made by scammers who try to scam creator's ad money hoping the owner of the video won't dispute the Copyright Claim, YouTube will agree with their copyright claim, or YouTube is too slow to read the Creators claim where the copyright claimer earns many thousands to millions of dollars from making millions of false copyright claims.

Just for your information: everything regarding copyright is being handled automatically at YouTube since 2006.
I even remember how a big bunch of Pokemon-focused YouTubers got banned back in 2010 by a little group of people who sent them all multiple copyright strikes and as a result they got banned in a matter of hours.
But despite all of this, YouTube apparently still gives 0 fucks about this, because it's still perfectly possible to re-create 2010's copyright disaster.

I even received dozens of copyright strikes in the past 11 years, and I cleared them all once I got them (which is why I'm still not banned regardless, despite most of my strikes were made in the time copyright strikes were permanently embedded to your channel).

So it's very easy to send fake copyright strikes, and it's even easier to counter those, even if the copyright strike in question is fully legit.

Just for your information: everything regarding copyright is being handled automatically at YouTube since 2006.
I even remember how a big bunch of Pokemon-focused YouTubers got banned back in 2010 by a little group of people who sent them all multiple copyright strikes and as a result they got banned in a matter of hours.
But despite all of this, YouTube apparently still gives 0 fucks about this, because it's still perfectly possible to re-create 2010's copyright disaster.

I even received dozens of copyright strikes in the past 11 years, and I cleared them all once I got them (which is why I'm still not banned regardless, despite most of my strikes were made in the time copyright strikes were permanently embedded to your channel).

So it's very easy to send fake copyright strikes, and it's even easier to counter those, even if the copyright strike in question is fully legit.

I think some of the big YouTube channels with many millions of subscribers, or from a big offline news and TV channel like CNN, BBC, Russia Today, MTV, etc maybe handled manually for Copyright disputes, or the bigger channels get better and faster responses from YouTube when it comes to copyright dispute where manual action is required.

That's not the case entirely, but for news channels there definitely is some favouritism.
CNN is immune from copyright claims, while they try to silence RT as much as possible, which all comes down to which type of narritive you're following as a news outlet (and also depending on where your outlets' headquarters is located apparently).

Back