cm2

Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
CD Projekt RED has announced five new projects: a new Witcher game codenamed “Sirius” by The Molasses Flood, new Witcher trilogy by CD Projekt RED, new Witcher game codenamed “Canis Majoris” by a third-party, new Cyberpunk 2077 game codenamed “Orion” by CD Projekt RED’s new Boston studio, and an entirely new intellectual property codenamed “Hadar” by CD Projekt RED.

“The Molasses Flood game, codenamed ‘Sirius,’ is set in the Witcher universe and is being created with support from CD Projekt RED developers. It will differ from our past productions—in the sense that it is targeted at a broader audience. Along with the single player experience gamers will be able to play with others, as ‘Sirius’ will contain multiplayer.

“Another project, codenamed ‘Polaris,’ is the game which opens the new Witcher saga, further expands upon the open world storytelling known from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. There will be three games in the saga and we aim to deliver them over a six-year period starting from the release of Polaris. It’s a bold statement as we are talking about three large-scale productions, but we really mean it and we have a plan on how to achieve it. Both the second and the third installments will, in technological terms, benefit from the groundwork laid during development of Polaris. In this way we aim to smoothen the development process while at the same time staying creatively ambitious.

“The next project—codenamed ‘Canis Majoris’—will be another full-fledged Witcher production. It will be created by an external studio that Michal just spoke about, headed by experienced developers who have worked on earlier Witcher games. Techwise, we plan to use Unreal Engine 5 and the toolset we are creating for Polaris.

“I am excited to announce that CD Projekt RED has begun creative exploration on a third, entirely distinct IP—codenamed ‘Hadar,'” said CD Projekt RED senior vice president of business development Michal Nowakowski. “We had started thinking about it a few years ago. Early-stage conceptual works commenced in 2021, and—for the first time in our history—the IP is being incubated entirely within CD Projekt RED. It is important to understand that we are not making a game just yet. We are working on the foundation of this new setting.

I just hope they don't rush these either. Especially the new IP even though people are going to buy it regardless.

I don't personally care about the witcher series but that world and the world of night city are far too detailed and amazing now to expand more into them. I know for sure I'll be playing any more cyberpunk games they make.

Back