Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
read from their Website:

The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered seat in Warsaw (“the Company”) hereby announces that it has reached a decision concerning alignment of the scale and size of the Company team with the Company’s operating requirements, projects and publishing plans in the framework of the CD PROJEKT Group strategy (please refer to CR no. 37/2022).

As a result of the aforementioned decision, a staff reduction will be carried out, affecting approximately 9% of the CD PROJEKT RED workforce, including development, publishing and back-office teams. The process is expected to conclude in the first quarter of 2024.

The decision is related to the continuing transformation as part of which the CD PROJEKT RED studio has managed to – among others – incorporate Agile methodologies, while reshaping development processes and optimizing working arrangements. This change in approach, along with efforts to build more effective project teams, represents a continuation of an ongoing transformation which the Company regards as key to making top-quality games, published on schedule and developed without undue crunch.

The Company also wishes to announce that the estimated value of provision for costs related to dissolution of contracts with personnel (including the costs of severance payments) is approximately 4.5 million PLN. This provision will burden the financial results of the CD PROJEKT Group in the third quarter of 2023.

This is one of the reasons I am glad I never opted for a software/game development job. Hopping from company-to-company, never having a stable job for longer than two years is just par-for-the course for developers and designers. you're constantly getting laid off, and having another job within a month. It's one of the most unstable career paths I've ever seen.

I love how CDPR's explanation for laying people off is just: "Innovation-solutions-innovation-methodologies, solutions-optimisation-workflow-transformation-agile-innovative-innovations." Just a whole corporate buzzword salad. Only thing missing was the words: "Blockchain technology" or "AI."

Back