Other CDPR game at E3 - Might be Witcher Related

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
There are whispers and speculation but I can tell you Cyberpunk 2077 will definitely not be at E3 this year. That comes from the horse's mouth: CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwinski himself.

"It might happen that we will be at E3 and we will show something at E3, but I just want to make it clear it's not Cyberpunk," he told me at Polish conference Digital Dragons recently. "We still have a lot of work to do with Cyberpunk."

I believe what CD Projekt Red will announce at E3 will be the game - or thing - it mentioned in a recent annual report. Under plans for 2016, CDPR mentioned, "A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the studio." That doesn't necessarily mean it's a game and doesn't necessarily mean it's coming out this year. But it could be both.

When I asked Iwinski if it will be this thing at E3 he said, "We will see." When I asked if we'll find out what it is at E3 he said, "Well, hopefully." And when I asked if it had anything to do with The Witcher he said, "Time will tell."
source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-25-cyberpunk-2077-e3-cd-projekt

I'd put money on it being a mobile phone version of Gwent.

I think I saw something that they were done with witcher.

I think I saw something that they were done with witcher.
They stated they are done with Geralt - who plays The Witcher in the games, they still want to carry on the franchise from what I can tell. A Gwent game would earn loads in micro-transactions as it was hugely popular in The Witcher 3 and is basically just a card game so would work perfectly on mobile.

Sometimes abandoning the main character isn't wise.
Maybe not. However a lot of RPGs like this simply have customised characters. I'm sure they could implement that easily, or follow on from The Witcher 3 as it kinda hinted at a new character. I believe CDPR could implement a new character successfully.

Back