Nintendo - Cloud Strife Coming to Smash Bros

Nintendo Cloud Strife Coming to Smash Bros

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Demon_Skeith, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

File this under your holy shit of the day, but Final Fantasy 7's Cloud Strife is entering Nintendo's Super Smash bros with his own Midgar stage! No other news besides that there will be a huge Smash bros update in December that will have more info on this and other smash bros news.

Think this is due to the poll? Could this mean the FF 7 remake is coming to the NX? Your thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    I hope the NX gets new games instead of remakes >.>

Anyhoo, he seems like a worthy addition. Will he be paid DLC? I didn't get that far into the Direct and I can't watch videos rn ;-;

3. Demon_Skeith

no price was given, sounds like it will be announced next month though.

4. VirusZero

VirusZero Well-Known Member Full GL Member

All the DLC for SSB has been paid, I doubt this will be any exception. It'll probably follow the others in terms of cost. (So like $7 for the character and stage.)

As much as I like Final Fantasy 7... I think it'd have been more fitting (since if memory serves FF7 never appeared on a Nintendo console) to have Geno from Super Mario RPG instead. But I understand that since FF7:Remake is coming they're going to want to hype that (and including Cloud here is probably their way of doing that).

5. Demon_Skeith

Well FF theatrhythm kind of counts as a FF 7 game on a nintendo console.

6. VirusZero

VirusZero Well-Known Member Full GL Member

That's a bit of a stretch I think... but I suppose it could count.

7. Demon_Skeith

Still there are other FF characters to use, the question is why him?

8. CM30

CM30 Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner Staff Member Vice Admin Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $3,894
    It's just about hype at this point. They're not really caring what characters make sense for the game, just what ones can sell a couple of hundred thousand more copies of it. Final Fantasy VII is the most popular Final Fantasy game, so hey, Cloud gets in. Heck, could have almost as easily been Sephiroth given how many people like him more than Cloud.

That said, he's a pretty decent choice of newcomer, especially for representing Square Enix.

9. Demon_Skeith

If it was about popularity, it should be lightning in the game (From FF 13.)