Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

File this under your holy shit of the day, but Final Fantasy 7's Cloud Strife is entering Nintendo's Super Smash bros with his own Midgar stage! No other news besides that there will be a huge Smash bros update in December that will have more info on this and other smash bros news.

Think this is due to the poll? Could this mean the FF 7 remake is coming to the NX? Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I hope the NX gets new games instead of remakes >.>

Anyhoo, he seems like a worthy addition. Will he be paid DLC? I didn't get that far into the Direct and I can't watch videos rn ;-;

All the DLC for SSB has been paid, I doubt this will be any exception. It'll probably follow the others in terms of cost. (So like $7 for the character and stage.)

As much as I like Final Fantasy 7... I think it'd have been more fitting (since if memory serves FF7 never appeared on a Nintendo console) to have Geno from Super Mario RPG instead. But I understand that since FF7:Remake is coming they're going to want to hype that (and including Cloud here is probably their way of doing that).

All the DLC for SSB has been paid, I doubt this will be any exception. It'll probably follow the others in terms of cost. (So like $7 for the character and stage.)

As much as I like Final Fantasy 7... I think it'd have been more fitting (since if memory serves FF7 never appeared on a Nintendo console) to have Geno from Super Mario RPG instead. But I understand that since FF7:Remake is coming they're going to want to hype that (and including Cloud here is probably their way of doing that).

Well FF theatrhythm kind of counts as a FF 7 game on a nintendo console.

That's a bit of a stretch I think... but I suppose it could count.

It's just about hype at this point. They're not really caring what characters make sense for the game, just what ones can sell a couple of hundred thousand more copies of it. Final Fantasy VII is the most popular Final Fantasy game, so hey, Cloud gets in. Heck, could have almost as easily been Sephiroth given how many people like him more than Cloud.

That said, he's a pretty decent choice of newcomer, especially for representing Square Enix.

It's just about hype at this point. They're not really caring what characters make sense for the game, just what ones can sell a couple of hundred thousand more copies of it. Final Fantasy VII is the most popular Final Fantasy game, so hey, Cloud gets in. Heck, could have almost as easily been Sephiroth given how many people like him more than Cloud.

That said, he's a pretty decent choice of newcomer, especially for representing Square Enix.

If it was about popularity, it should be lightning in the game (From FF 13.)

Back