Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Today at Microsoft's smaller, lower-key Xbox One architecture and hardware panel, Microsoft technical executives elaborated and expanded on how the new console will interact with and be improved by cloud computing.

The Xbox One is a powerful piece of hardware with 8GB RAM, 64-bit processors and plenty more muscle. But as time passes this hardware will age. As Xbox One Director of development Boyd Multerer pointed out, "You'll still have a limited number of transistors in your house; in your box."
But the Xbox One is built to communicate with servers in the cloud to increase the computational potential of the system. Boyd continued "[As a developer] I can start doing things like shifting latency insensitive things to the cloud. You may have a limited number of transistors in your house, but you have an unlimited number of transistors in the cloud"

As bandwidth improves, there is potential for actual game computations to be off-loaded to servers in the cloud, essentially allowing the Xbox One to become more powerful over time as more and more transistors are connected to Microsoft's cloud infrastructure.

"We have an ever-evolving, powerful world [in the cloud] that we can tap into."

"This is not going to be as static a console as we've seen in the past," Multerer enthused.
source

Cloud this, cloud that. Meh.

I remember when PSN ,a cloud service for online multiplayer and buying games, was hacked by Anonymous, and Credit card, address, e-mail addresses, user names, passwords and other information was hacked, and stolen by Anonymous. It was hacked so bad that Sony had to take PSN offline for a long time to fix up PSN, so PSN won't get hacked again.

Anyways, I think most people who are looking for cloud gaming won't be buying the Xbox One or any expensive consoles since Onlive Cloud gaming Playpack has over 200+ games for $9.99 a month, and gamers can play games from Onlive on their tablet, phone, PC, Mac, and soon the Ouya for one price according to https://games.onlive.com/games/playpackgames#&tab=playpack_all_games .

Demon_Skeith said:
I and I mean ME only, can access it anytime I wish. Live goes down, cloud server is offline, no internet, ect. and I have no access to my save data.
Well if all or any of that does happen you may not be able to play even if you did have your save data!!!

GamerPerfection said:
Well if all or any of that does happen you may not be able to play even if you did have your save data!!!
There are tons of ways a person at home has control over their internet that they may have back up online connections. But a person has no control over all the things I listed in my last post.

Demon_Skeith said:
There are tons of ways a person at home has control over their internet that they may have back up online connections. But a person has no control over all the things I listed in my last post.
What does that have to do with my post at all???

Back