Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Bandai Namco's latest game called Code Vein is an anime-style post-apocalyptic vampire action RPG due out in 2018 (delays pending).

Saw/read some new intel on it from gematsu:

■ Yakumo’s Past

Yakumo’s Connection to Mido

Before the world collapsed, Yakumo was once a human being, and together with his comrades were sold off as mercenaries to be used as Mido’s laboratory experiments. Even now that memory remains, as Yakumo seems to have a strong hatred of Mido.

Code-Vein_2018_05-24-18_005.jpg

Code-Vein_2018_05-24-18_006.jpg

Emily Su (voiced by Yuuki Kuwahara)

A woman who belonged to a private military facility led by Mido and was subjected to cruel experiments alongside Yakumo. During his trying time as a mercenary, Yakumo overcame his suffering with Emily and came to know her as family. After they were separated by the Great Collapse, Yakumo sets out in search of her.

Code-Vein_2018_05-24-18_007.jpg

Mido’s Experiments

The memories of Revenants subjected to laboratory experiments by Mido, just like Yakumo. Even after the world collapsed and he was revived as a Revenant, Mido’s cruel experiments continued…

Code-Vein_2018_05-24-18_008.jpg

■ Field Introduction: City of Falling Flames

A city burned down by hell fire that never dies out, whose ruins were instantly swallowed up by a whirlpool of flames without any prior warning, that will continue to burn with never-ending momentum until everything becomes ashes.

Code-Vein_2018_05-24-18_009.jpg

The roads and buildings have collapsed, and the city is covered entirely in flames. Since you will take damage treading along the burning ground, you should proceed exploring with caution.

Successor of the Ridge of Frozen Souls

A casket of a Successor can also be found on the Ridge of Frozen Souls. Waiting for players inside is a large-horned Lost Successor.
Code-Vein_2018_05-24-18_029.jpg

Indeed and probably they are going to make some anime show spin off thing based on the game.

That would be cool indeed.

Just read on Bandai namco announcing the date (June 5th) of the release date announcement, though it's unclear at the moment if it's the international release date or japan only that's going to be announced.

That would be cool indeed.

Just read on Bandai namco announcing the date (June 5th) of the release date announcement, though it's unclear at the moment if it's the international release date or japan only that's going to be announced.

have we seriously broken down that we need a release date announcement for the release date announcement itself?

New trailer is up with Japanese release date

Faster than that, just read:

Code Vein will launch worldwide for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on September 28, Bandai Namco announced. In Japan, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will launch on September 27. The Japanese Xbox One version will only be released digitally.

Find limited edition and bonus details below:

■ Americas

Pre-Order Bonuses
  • God Eater collaboration weapon set, including “The Blanched Greatsword,” “Cerulean Spear,” and “Crimson Longsword”
  • “Venous Claw” weapon

Latest English trailer is up:

Last edited:
Saw some new videos and hot springs lol:

Hot Springs

In the game, there is a hot springs facility available in your base. You can even go in the hot springs with the characters you have befriended. There is also a feature where you can “look back on memories of the past,” but details as to what that entails are unknown.

Couple of days ago, they released an 11 minute gameplay video for E3. I gave it a look and it basically looks like Dark Souls/Bloodborne with an anime makeover, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm a huge fan of the Souls series of games (minus Bloodborne as I'm yet to play it) so any game with that style of gameplay and challenge is a winner in my book. I can't say I care much for the anime aesthetic, as I'm not much of an anime fan to begin with, but some change is always welcome. I have no doubt I'll be picking it up upon release.

Saw some more interview video

It has the God Eater vibes. I’ll be playing this game once it comes out. It also has elements from the SoulsBorne series.

Read new intel on Io from dual shockers. lol Io definitely needs a "better" armor, I am not sure if it can even be called an armor with what she's wearing in the game and with that cold weather too:

Bandai Namco released today a brand new batch of screenshots and a trailer of its upcoming Souls-like action-RPG Code Vein.

We get a new reveal for Io. So far she was shown simply as an inhabitant of the main character’s base but looks like she is actually a companion NPC that can follow the hero around and fight by his side.

She is an all-rounder fighter who fights with a large spear. Her abilities focus on supporting the player with HP recovery and curing abnormal statuses. On the other hand, her attack power is average, so the offense is left mostly to the player.

Io uses an “Ivy” type blood veil.

CodeVein-5.jpg

CodeVein-10.jpg

CodeVein-12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back