froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
if you are a Comcast customer who is part of the data cap trial, the company has recently announced that they will be raising the limit of the trial to a more reasonable 1TB. Comcast claims that they are being generous as a “typical” customer only uses 60GB of data a month, and that 99% of their customers do not even come close to 1TB to begin with.

That being said, we guess it’s still good news nonetheless. According to Comcast, “What can you do with a terabyte? A whole lot. You can stream about 700 hours of HD video, play 12,000 hours of online games, and download 60,000 high-res photos in a month.”

Read More

1TB is a better than the 300GB data limit. But, I feel people who are on Comcast's slower internet plans won't ever use 1TB of bandwidth because their internet download speeds are too slow to download a huge game, and stream HD 1080P-4K video at a fast speed without lag.

People with slower internet will rather go to a physical store to buy a game disc, and DVD/Blu-Ray movies.

I'm surprised that "typical" costumers only use 60GB of bandwidth a month since so many people watch online videos, download big games, and software, and use the internet for a lot of bandwidth intensive tasks.

I guest a lot of typical internet users still mainly using their internet connection for visiting forums, blogs, regular websites, and social networks like Twitter and Reddit which use less bandwidth since these type of websites still mostly contain text, images, and a few videos and ads. Plus, most popular and newer websites are now designed to use less bandwidth, so they load quickly on slower internet connections in places like Africa or India, and on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.

There is also the possibility that a lot of users just do more media stuff on their phones on G plans.

Anyways, this should be a standard now thanks to internet speeds also increasing. Then again, do we even need datacaps?

There is also the possibility that a lot of users just do more media stuff on their phones on G plans.

Anyways, this should be a standard now thanks to internet speeds also increasing. Then again, do we even need datacaps?

I agree there is a possibility more users are using their G Plans on their smartphone or tablets. I guest, a lot of people are also watching shorter video on Vine and Instagram, browsing mobile websites, and playing mobile games on a phone which uses less bandwidth than long videos on Netflix, Desktop websites, desktop and console games download, and downloading desktop operating system install files which uses a lot of bandwidth.

Back