Computer which are only used for web browsing need external video ports like HDMI, DVI, and VGA?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think computers and laptops like Google Chromebooks, and some Android PCs which are mostly used for web browsing don't need video ports like HDMI or VGA because most people who use Chromebooks and similar computers would mainly use the monitor which is built-into the PC.

There is also Google Chromecast, Apple TV, and wireless video which let users easily display a computer's desktop and programs like web browser to a TV or monitor which has Chromecast, Apple TV, and wireless video.

I think in the future most Chromebooks, Android PC, and other computers will come with USB-C which let you hook up a monitor with a USB-C cable like how the new Apple Macbook Pro 2017 just have USB-C ports, and you need to use a USB-C monitor to hook up an external monitor, or use a USB-C to HDMI adapter to hook up a HDMI monitor.

I think it be a good addition for them.

I think it be a good addition for them.

I agree having video ports like VGA, DVI, and HDMI can be a good addition.

Building a basic computer without video ports can save a few dollars when building a basic computer where the monitor uses a thin video cable to connect directly to the motherboard circuit board and gets its power from the computer's power supply or battery, and the monitor is attached to the PC case's body.

There are USB-C and USB-A monitors which can display video through USB, so smaller laptops, tablets, and mini computers with less space for ports and buttons maybe better with an extra USB port which can display video, charge, and transfer data instead of a video port like HDMI which some people rarely or never use, and can only display video unlike USB which can do many tasks like charge devices, data transfer, display video, and play sound with a USB speaker system.

Back