Conduit 3ds?

Audacity

Awards
Credits
I came across mention of this looking through the list of 3ds games on Wikipedia. I did a bit of googling, and there was quite a bit of talk about this going back to before the console launched last year. But there hasn't been much mention of it since.

There's even a video showing a tech demo, so it's clearly not some unsubstantiated rumour.

Strange we haven't seen so much as a release date or a teaser trailer since. Perhaps they've been working on doing a 3ds Conduit with all new content since the initial announcement and it's just taking time to complete.

Going by VGchartz, Conduit 2 seems to have been a bit of a flop, so maybe they've just abandoned the series altogether.

Anyway, I figure it's something to watch out for at E3.

Strange that here we are, more than a year into the 3DS's lifecycle, and there's virtually nothing in the way of FPS games. I know they're not for everyone, but they're one of the biggest genres in gaming. It's almost as if Nintendo made a conscious decision not to compete with the Vita and let them have that niche.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have the hope that they'll make a quake or doom game for the 3DS. Until then, I hope this rumor is true.

wat u mean by doom game?

I had seen this demo last year. Hope to see more this E3 and maybe even a release date.

I still have the hope that they'll make a quake or doom game for the 3DS. Until then, I hope this rumor is true.

I'd love to have some of the original id games as 3d classics. Especially Wolf3d and Doom. Even with sprites on cards and all the various cheats they used back then, I think it'd be pretty cool to see how they'd look on the 3DS screen.

Of course if they did an all new version I'd buy that too.

I persoally don't see the 3DS getting, Quake, Doom, or Wolfenstein 3D. Main reason is not enough of a market. Very few of 3DS owners would actually buy a classic FPS game. Also, Wolfenstein's level design would need to be tweaked. I doubt they could get away with releasing it again with a map of swastikas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I persoally don't see the 3DS getting, Quake, Doom, or Wolfenstein 3D. Main reason is not enough of a market. Very few of 3DS owners would actually buy a classic FPS game.

Seriously? These games were and are hugely popular.

Also, FPS is the most popular genre in gaming. The original id games are to FPS what Super Mario is to platforming. These are the games that defined what a FPS is. Before the 'FPS' term was popularised, this type of game was commonly called 'doom-clones'.

Now, I never said it was even close to a real possibility of happening. As you say, Wolfenstein could well have some issues getting around sensitivities. Anyway id Software haven't shown much enthusiasm in developing for Nintendo platforms for some years, possibly with some justification due to some of the issues that've come up in the past, such as the deNazified Wolfenstein they had to produce to get on the SNES.

I really wish I had some graphs about the growth of the video gane industry's consumer range. Basically a majority of current video game players who play First Person Shooter games have little intrests in the early FPS games.

Back