Connection error

GamerPerfection

Xbox 360
Awards
Credits
Every now and then after browsing the site for a while my Google Chrome fails to show the website and displays this:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to forum.gamingforce.us

Suggestions:

Does anyone else experience this?

I haven't had this problem, anyone else?

And have you cleared your browser info gamer?

Every once in a while I get it on Firefox and chrome, but it usually loads if you refresh.

It happened just now (take the time of this post, maybe take 1 minute off). I was opening this thread: http://forum.gamingforce.us/index.php/topic/68361-do-you-think-microsoft-will-get-rid-of-windows-and-just-make-linux-software-or-make-a-version-of-linux-with-the-windows-user-interface/

Did this just start for you today? Looking through the logs and my notifications around the time you reported this two IPs from Germany were blocked for having 600+ connections each(a minor DOS basically that the firewall took care of). That is only a possible explanation. Please keep reporting these if they keep happening.

Members have been reporting this since the 20th.
Thanks. I suppose it would help if I check the timestamp on the OP. Can anyone report if this has gotten any better since I made a few tweaks to the firewall(about 5 hours ago from this post)?

It happened after I posted this: http://forum.gamingforce.us/index.php/topic/68430-tetris-contest/#entry143704

I went to edit the post to add more and it went down again. Refresh did nothing to fix it, I cleared all my cache and it didn't fix it, I used a different browser and it didn't fix it, so I got fed up and left.

We think we got this narrowed down yesterday(i really hope). It appears there were some duplicate DNS entries that would cause domains to not resolve correctly 100%. They have been removed but to fully get a good judgement on whether it made a difference will take about 24 more hours. It appears that HostGator(Our old dedicated server provider) occasionally took shortcuts when doing work for us on the server. Unfortunately these were migrated over along with all of the accounts. We will also begin a complete audit of all accounts DNS to ensure there are no further problems then will continue on from there.

Please continue to post here if this crops up again. I will check in from time to time or Demon can shoot me a ticket over at EH. Above all thanks for your gracious patience in the matter and sorry that it has interrupted your "foruming" for a lack of a better word.

Back