Multi Critical Vulnerability in Grand Theft Auto Online Can Ban Players

DaBoss38

Staff member
Credits
Username Style
From PC Magazine;

A critical flaw in the PC version of Grand Theft Auto Online can corrupt players’ accounts and ban them from the game.

Last Friday, a Twitter user named @TezFunz2 warned the community about the vulnerability, which can be abused to change the attributes and stats on a player’s online account.

Through an installed mod for the game, a cheater can exploit the vulnerability to corrupt another user’s account, flag them with a “bad sport” attribute, or even remove money. “I was kicked by a hacker and ever since have been unable to get back into GTA V Online,” one affected user wrote(Opens in a new window) on the company’s support forums. “First error I got was that Rockstar couldn't load my cloud saves and I would have to exit.”

A player also uploaded a video of how the vulnerability can corrupt your account, kicking you out of the game. The corruption triggers an error that’ll place your account in a loop.

Read more: Critical Vulnerability in Grand Theft Auto Online Can Ban Players

The same thing was on certain 3DS and Wii U games potentially bricking your 3DS through an online exploit however no one ever was reported doing it.

Hopefully, Grand Theft Auto Online quickly finds a way to fix this vulnerability.

This is a very serious issue. No gamers likes to pass through such hassle. Sooner they fixed this problem, the better.

Back