Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So as many of you know, we're starting to look at living on other planets. One thing that has come to my mind is, what kind of money (currency) system will be set up on those planets?

Here on Earth, our money is usually backed by gold or something of value. If nothing of value is found on planets like Mars, what would back their currency?

I'd presume, providing both Earth and the new planet which inhabits humans both exist in conjunction that we would just use Earth's resources as a way of backing up the money on the new planet - no idea.

I mean, think of it this way: our entire planet is made out of ground and water, yet we still somehow found a way to place value on land and on waters (people sell and buy land and water). We would find a way to evaluate whatever resources we find there, regardless of how limited they might be.

I think it'll be the same currency we use on Earth and people would just buy any hidden gems they found with the currency. I doubt the average Joe would be allowed to go exploring to find these hidden gems tho.

Then there will be fighting for territory on the planet and another world war if no negotiations have been settled.

Maybe some planets use a reputation system where aliens who have a good reputation from working harder get more benefits, and access to more stuff because they have a higher ranking in society. Aliens with poor reputations because they are lazy get less benefits and stuff, and thrown in jail if they ruin their reputation by committing a crime like stealing food, and scamming others.

Aliens may work at doing stuff they want, or need to do to survive like farm vegetables to eat unlike Earth where there are people who work in jobs they don't enjoy like late night jobs, or illegal jobs like gangsters who earn money by hurting others.

I think it'll be the same currency we use on Earth and people would just buy any hidden gems they found with the currency. I doubt the average Joe would be allowed to go exploring to find these hidden gems tho.

Then there will be fighting for territory on the planet and another world war if no negotiations have been settled.

If gundam has shown us one thing, there is war in space.

Maybe some planets use a reputation system where aliens who have a good reputation from working harder get more benefits, and access to more stuff because they have a higher ranking in society. Aliens with poor reputations because they are lazy get less benefits and stuff, and thrown in jail if they ruin their reputation by committing a crime like stealing food, and scamming others.

Aliens may work at doing stuff they want, or need to do to survive like farm vegetables to eat unlike Earth where there are people who work in jobs they don't enjoy like late night jobs, or illegal jobs like gangsters who earn money by hurting others.
We don't really know if aliens exist.

We don't really know if aliens exist.

True, we don't know if aliens exist. But, we don't know if currency exist on other planets, or creatures on other planets are intelligent enough or care enough to invent money.

If there are living things on other planets, their intelligence may not be advance where they can invent money sort of like how insects, birds, fish and non-human mammals like dogs on earth don't have advance intelligence where they can invent money.

There is also a chance that some more advance living things on other planets who feel making money is a waste of metal, paper, ink, or resources and time, and the time and resources can be better spent on building stuff like space ships and homes with the metal and trees instead of turning them into coins, and paper bills.

Maybe some planets use a reputation system where aliens who have a good reputation from working harder get more benefits, and access to more stuff because they have a higher ranking in society.
This would raise the problem of having differently-abled aliens. Some alien species may be physiologically built in a way that allows them to have more stamina than others. Even with us, humans, you can't expect a 4'5 person to have the same force and stamina as a 6 foot tall person.

This would raise the problem of having differently-abled aliens. Some alien species may be physiologically built in a way that allows them to have more stamina than others. Even with us, humans, you can't expect a 4'5 person to have the same force and stamina as a 6 foot tall person.

The shorter aliens can become cooks, cashiers, scientists, teachers, pilots, bus drivers, and entertainers like actors, and singer where they don't need to be tall, and have great stamina to work because their jobs don't require heavy lifting, and a lot of movement like a construction or warehouse worker.

there are living things outside of earth, though its debatable to what form they take.
They can "try" to communicate with us and are not some sort of what we might consider "animal from another planet"?

Last edited:
there are living things outside of earth, though its debatable to what form they take.

I think there maybe bacteria or germs in space according to a News story which I watched on the news many years ago. But, the solar system is huge, so we don't really know what is our there.

They can "try" to communicate with us and are not some sort of what we might consider "animal from another planet"?

Whatever they are, we better hope they don't view us as bad.

I think there maybe bacteria or germs in space according to a News story which I watched on the news many years ago. But, the solar system is huge, so we don't really know what is our there.

I think I read something that Earth couldn't support life if it wasn't for certain rocks from space that landed into us.

Hmmm, probably some rare metal which lasts long like gold and diamond.
Usually things that last for a very long time are costly.I can't even begin to imagine currency in other planets....as I am not so sure about the life in those planets xD

Back