Danger of Copying and Pasting articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetutato

Awards
Credits
If there is one thing in life that is certain, there is risk and danger with everything. Including the net.

I've been doing this for nearly 5 years, and I don't always post the whole thing or very long articles at all but I'm not worried specially since I got nothing. The website would lose more on legal fees then they would get back from suing this place. But I know the risk is there but I think after a billion traffic going through this place someone would have reported us.

But for my safety and this forum, I suppose I do have to put some kind of no full article rule....

Dude thats from like 2010.
Do you know how many people copy and paste stuff every day?
I get what you are saying, but people have tried so hard to regulate the internet, but its impossible.

Generally what I do is I'll read an article and paraphrase it into my own words, then source back to the original article. If it's a small article of only a couple of paragraphs and it's well written, I'll copy/paste and source back giving full credit to the article writer & site it originated from. I think this is the best way to go about it, but I wouldn't say GF is in any real danger to be honest.

:p Alright that and duplicate content which can just kill seo rankings :3 But I guess if you're fine with it, I have no say. xD

Well independently of risks and such, copy and paste does not create a lot ... Of course, good for the traffic, but not really for creativity and innovation ..
So learning yes, using information to generate new views, even better .. but now copy and paste ... not my thing ...

Well it is true that duplicate content will hurt your ranking. I don't copy/paste any articles I would rather just put a link to the content. That's not a good idea and your site will be punished if you continue to do that. I've seen people on this site who copy and paste articles, and if you care about this site you will post original content.

Well it is true that duplicate content will hurt your ranking. I don't copy/paste any articles I would rather just put a link to the content. That's not a good idea and your site will be punished if you continue to do that. I've seen people on this site who copy and paste articles, and if you care about this site you will post original content.

4 years to late to be saying this.

Or you can stop copying articles, put some effort in, and write some yourself. :)

If I had the time.

I noticed full articles were being copied and pasted. I usually hate that.
You should quote the most important part and make us read the rest.

Well, we haven't had a notice yet, and it has been 4+ years, so I think we are OK for now.

Well, we haven't had a notice yet, and it has been 4+ years, so I think we are OK for now.

Well yea but it was just a suggestion. I mean like Epicified, i hate copied and pasted content and I don't really even bother responding/commenting to them. I mean it's not that hard to just re word some of the content into your own words. Maybe even the first sentence? :p But like I said before, if the admin/mods are fine with it, I can't really say anything further.

I rarely, if ever copy paste stuff! But then i don't do news articles on such a scale and if i did then i'd be very tight with time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back