DC Engine

Well, I completely suck with photoshop/any of that stuff.
But if you're making an easy character/enemy creator, then I could help, by making some levels, enemies and characters and etc.., I'm pretty creative to do that kind of stuff.
I'm actually planning on having a contest for people to make enemies and characters. The best few will recieve beta testing, and a free copy (if I sell it... Depends).

Also, it's a side scrolling rpg. I'm not sure if I will make levels or have a random generated world. There are pros and cons to both. The pros for custom levels is more depth to the game, while random worlds would be more freedom.

I'm kind of torn between what I should do. Part of me wants it to be a sandbox rpg, while the other wants more of a story. I also kind of want to make a turn based game. Which makes me wonder if I should make a paper-Mario-like game.... Goodness there are so many possibilities. I'm not sure which I should do... Perhaps I should make a poll...

Personally, I don't understand why can't you make both.
I mean, most games have more than 1 game mode, right? Normally, the story mode, and another one.
So, why not make a story mode, and then be able to create and share levels?
If you're up to implement such thing, is something else.

Well, I completely suck with photoshop/any of that stuff.
But if you're making an easy character/enemy creator, then I could help, by making some levels, enemies and characters and etc.., I'm pretty creative to do that kind of stuff.
I'm actually planning on having a contest for people to make enemies and characters. The best few will recieve beta testing, and a free copy (if I sell it... Depends).

Also, it's a side scrolling rpg. I'm not sure if I will make levels or have a random generated world. There are pros and cons to both. The pros for custom levels is more depth to the game, while random worlds would be more freedom.

I'm kind of torn between what I should do. Part of me wants it to be a sandbox rpg, while the other wants more of a story. I also kind of want to make a turn based game. Which makes me wonder if I should make a paper-Mario-like game.... Goodness there are so many possibilities. I'm not sure which I should do... Perhaps I should make a poll...

Personally, I don't understand why can't you make both.
I mean, most games have more than 1 game mode, right? Normally, the story mode, and another one.
So, why not make a story mode, and then be able to create and share levels?
If you're up to implement such thing, is something else.
depends I suppose. I made a poll
smile.gif

Ok, so here is the finished model maker:

[attachment=731:assassin.png]

Next on the todo list is animator, which probably wont be that bad.

You make an arm texture, a leg texture, a body texture, e.c.t. Then piece them together as a character. The limbs can then be rotated and moved to create poses. This will allow for a wide variety of easy animations instead of redrawing sprite after sprite

You make an arm texture, a leg texture, a body texture, e.c.t. Then piece them together as a character. The limbs can then be rotated and moved to create poses. This will allow for a wide variety of easy animations instead of redrawing sprite after sprite
But the body parts are fixed shapes?

No, in the program, you add a "part" and load a texture on to it. Then each piece is put together in to a character. The pieces are then rotated and transformed to make an animation. Basically what I made was 2D models, not sprites.

No, in the program, you add a "part" and load a texture on to it. Then each piece is put together in to a character. The pieces are then rotated and transformed to make an animation. Basically what I made was 2D models, not sprites.
So the parts can be whatever size and shape you want them to be?

Well, they are actually squares, but they are textured, so it looks like any shape

Well, they are actually squares, but they are textured, so it looks like any shape

Is that a ninja?

Is that a ninja?
Assassin because someone mentioned it.

Is that a ninja?
Assassin because someone mentioned it.
I demand Dark Mages/Archers/Trolls/More generic stuff, plus Alien Destoyers/Shooters and maybe Frozen Giants/Dwarf/Gatekeepers and stuff like that.
Also, what is the game going to be again.. 2D Turn based?

Back