DC vs Marvel - superhero movies

I'm more excited for DC because I feel like they could make it work better. I always liked batman the most and his character can easily be the most intriguing of them all.

Batman is an interesting character... no doubt. But he can't support an entire universe of movies alone. (I mean he can't exactly carry the proposed Suicide Squad movie can he? He's not likely even going to be in it.)

In the past, DC movies have not faired so well due to the fact they try to be too grim, gritty and dark. Especially in cases when they don't need to be so dark. I mean Superman isn't really a darker character, it doesn't suit him. He's supposed to be the pinnacle of justice and a shining beacon of hope. Metropolis is supposed to be vibrant, full of life and colour. Not washed out and solemn (like Gotham). 

Which is something that I like about Marvel's movies. Take a look at any of them and you can still feel, that while there is a threat to the characters, they also can have fun and show that things won't be so bad. The moments of upbeat and comic relief in them help to balance the audience out some so it's not just ultra serious all the time. And given that comic book characters are supposed to be bright and colourful... it makes sense.

So if I haven't really made my stance clear... I'm leaning Marvel here. Thus far I feel that Marvel's movies have been solid and fun movies while DC's haven't really been that great. I've gone back and rewatched some (all 3 Iron Man, both Thor, Avengers and Cap 1) of Marvel's movies multiple times because they're fun and good movies. But I can't say the same of DC. (Aside from Nolan's Batman trilogy.)

I'm excited to see what they do for basically all the movies they've announced (except for Ant-man, whom I don't really care for as a character).

VirusZero said:
Batman is an interesting character... no doubt. But he can't support an entire universe of movies alone. (I mean he can't exactly carry the proposed Suicide Squad movie can he? He's not likely even going to be in it.)

In the past, DC movies have not faired so well due to the fact they try to be too grim, gritty and dark. Especially in cases when they don't need to be so dark. I mean Superman isn't really a darker character, it doesn't suit him. He's supposed to be the pinnacle of justice and a shining beacon of hope. Metropolis is supposed to be vibrant, full of life and colour. Not washed out and solemn (like Gotham). 

Which is something that I like about Marvel's movies. Take a look at any of them and you can still feel, that while there is a threat to the characters, they also can have fun and show that things won't be so bad. The moments of upbeat and comic relief in them help to balance the audience out some so it's not just ultra serious all the time. And given that comic book characters are supposed to be bright and colourful... it makes sense.

So if I haven't really made my stance clear... I'm leaning Marvel here. Thus far I feel that Marvel's movies have been solid and fun movies while DC's haven't really been that great. I've gone back and rewatched some (all 3 Iron Man, both Thor, Avengers and Cap 1) of Marvel's movies multiple times because they're fun and good movies. But I can't say the same of DC. (Aside from Nolan's Batman trilogy.)

I'm excited to see what they do for basically all the movies they've announced (except for Ant-man, whom I don't really care for as a character).
actually he might be in suicide squad:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/21/batman-rumored-to-be-appearing-in-suicide-squad-movie

Anyways, in the end the super hero fans win. But I agree that marvel does better. I do have hopes for cyborg.

I'm more excited for the Marvel side actually.

In my opinion DC gets the best games (DC Universe,Batman Arkham series, Injustice) while Marvel gets the best movies (X Men film series,The Avengers,Guardians of the Galaxy).

I didn't realise they were giving Batman any time in the film. Though it's neat that they are. But I still don't think it'd be enough to really make the film successful on it's own.

Though I agree that DC has some pretty good games. I'm not sure if I'd say they're all better or not though. (I wasn't a huge fan of DC universe, I preferred Marvel Heroes over it actually. If you like ARPGS then give Marvel Heroes a shot since it's made by the same guy who made Diablo a.k.a. David Brevik.)

DC may have some really good, real-life characters; but, as has been stated prior Marvel has developed a really successful movie formula that works. Not to mention that DC has had some pretty horrible movie flops that leave fans questioning.

I like both, honestly. So far, Marvel has been doing better, and DC is kinda behind (*glares at Man of Steel*), but I am really excited for upcoming DC movies as well. Notable mentions are Suicide Squad, Flash, and Justice League parts 1 and 2. I wonder if it can stand up to The Avengers. 

That last post was so true though. I love DC comics, but the movies for the franchise tend to suck. The producers just don't seem to be in tune with what the audience wants anymore with this forward generation. I mean, Man of Steel? It had virtually no plotline. That being said, I'm much more excited for the Marvel movies.

Back