Dell is the latest PC maker to unveil a $199 laptop with 128 GB SSD or 500 GB hard drive

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
D8t4SN4.jpg

Meet the Inspiron 11 3000 series, an 11.6-inch laptop priced at $199. As you can imagine, the specs are pretty modest: an Intel Celeron or Pentium processor, 2GB to 4GB of RAM and a 1,366 x 768 display.

The Inspiron 11 has an option for either a 128GB SSD or a 500GB hard drive.

Read More

I like that the Dell Inspiron 11 3000 comes with either a 128GB SSD or 500 GB hard drive. The touchpad also looks pretty big, and easy to use. I also like the design of these laptops. The Blue one looks best.

I think the 500GB hard drive is more useful to regular users like students, and home users because they can load up their 500GB with big files like video files like anime, music, and games.

128 GB is also not a lot of space these days when a PC game can be 20GB or larger, and 1080P video can use many GBs of space.

I wonder can people install Windows 7 and Linux on these cheap Dell laptops with more storage.

They easily should be able to, I don't see why they can't throw some kind of linux onto it.

Dell may have a deal with Microsoft where Dell buy Windows license for a cheap price to install on this laptop, or Microsoft helps pay for some of the cost of the laptop, so it is cheaper for the laptop buyer to buy, and for Dell to make when Dell uses a Windows OS.

A lot of software makers who make programs also called bloatware pay computer makers like Dell to install their bloatware on their laptops, and most bloatware is made for Windows, so Dell could be losing money by using Linux which has less bloatware companies which pay computer makers to install bloatware on PCs.

Last edited:
There could be no deal better than free OS.

I think Microsoft makes Windows 10 a free operating systems for cheaper laptops and tablets with Intel Atom, Intel Celeron, and other slower chips, and have smaller screens like 11 inch.

Back